PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old November 9th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #1
Tre
Verified Customer

Send a message via AIM to Tre
New Developments?

Hi,

I've noticed that PhotoPost.com is next to dead status right now. What happened?

Are there going to be any future updates of the software in near future (this month)? What happened to the beta area? Are you (the developers) working on PhotoPost any longer?
Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

In case you missed it, PhotoPost had a major release just a few months ago which included updates to all three products at the same time: PhotoPost Pro, ReviewPost and PhotoPost Classifieds.

Any "dead" status of PhotoPost.Com would be a testiment to the stability of the product (although I suspect our support staff might disagree with your description).

PhotoPost Classifieds 2.0 is currently in BETA with all new member feedback and item bidding as new options (a significant addition to the product).

An update for PhotoPost Pro which includes fixes and new SMF forum support will be out shortly. We are persuing a photo printing service integration and some other ideas for the next PhotoPost Pro; when there is something to test, we'll reopen the forum.
Old November 10th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I would concur with Michael on his assessment as well Tre.

I being one of the support staff as well as a custom developer for the products introducing new stuff outside the norm would say there is definately not a note of dead anywhere on this site.

Photopost 4.8 has proved to be a very solid bugfree release with only a handful of minor issues. We will be as Michael said releasing a maintenance release soon.

In the past couple months personally I have written 2 new forum integration scripts ( IB2 and SMF integration modules ) which increase our customer outreach bringing in more customers as well as rewriting out postnuke module which redoes the session cookie integration. We also brought with 4.8 a new style integration grabbing the forum stylesheet and using it for many of our integrations.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

We had a few complaints from users that we were releasing products too quickly; people were actually skipping upgrades because they didn't care for the frequency. With the 4.8 releases I felt we had reached a point where we needed to slow down a little, let the code stabilize and then work on the next version. As Chuck said, he's done more additional integrations which we'll be releasing along with some minor fixes.

For the next update, we're looking at even tighter integrations with our forums - we already support signatures and avatars, but would like to go further and support smilies, markup code and special features (like dropdown boxes in vb3). But, as I learned trying to release three products at once, I'd rather focus on one update at a time.

A preview of work for vB3 templates (using collapse and expand)