PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old October 24th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #1
Groove

Classifieds -selling ads and editing user accounts

I've looked at the PhotoPost Classifieds demo and can't see any way for the Admin to search for users and view/edit their ads, change their user group, suspend their account, etc. Does this feature exist?

Also, I'd like to charge for ads in the following way:

Up to 3 active ads FREE.
Up to 25 active ads $25/month (recurring).
Up to 50 active ads $45/month (recurring).
Up to 100 active ads $80/month (recurring).
Up to 200 active ads $140/month (recurring).
Unlimited active ads $200/month (recurring).

Would it be difficult to modify the script to include this functionality and integrate with a third-party credit card processing gateway?
Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:27 AM   #2
Groove

It would be nice if someone from PhotoPost would answer my questions.
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove
I've looked at the PhotoPost Classifieds demo and can't see any way for the Admin to search for users and view/edit their ads, change their user group, suspend their account, etc. Does this feature exist?

Also, I'd like to charge for ads in the following way:

Up to 3 active ads FREE.
Up to 25 active ads $25/month (recurring).
Up to 50 active ads $45/month (recurring).
Up to 100 active ads $80/month (recurring).
Up to 200 active ads $140/month (recurring).
Unlimited active ads $200/month (recurring).

Would it be difficult to modify the script to include this functionality and integrate with a third-party credit card processing gateway?
1. searching for users ads is part of the search feature

2. editing users depends on what your integrating with. If it is an internal install in the admin section you can edit users otherwise that is handled in the forum software you integrate with

3. The charging for ads is on a per ad basis at time of ad submission. If you want to charge for a number of ads you would need to modify the code and you can discuss code modification on the hack site http://www.photopostdev.com

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #4
Groove

Thanks omegatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron
2. editing users depends on what your integrating with. If it is an internal install in the admin section you can edit users otherwise that is handled in the forum software you integrate with
So if I integrated with vBulletin, when I view a member's vBulletin profile as Admin I will be able to see and edit/lock/delete that user's ads?
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No

We dont mess with Vb code. You can delete ads as admin in classifieds by viewing the ads in the approve/bulk admin section. You can edit ads by viewing them and hitting edit. This is all within our script

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #6
Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron
No

We dont mess with Vb code. You can delete ads as admin in classifieds by viewing the ads in the approve/bulk admin section. You can edit ads by viewing them and hitting edit. This is all within our script
So your script assumes that all posts are moderated?

I am looking to allow unmoderated posting of ads. Inevitably some members will abuse that priveledge. Is there a way to locate all of the ads that a specific member has posted and edit/suspend/delete their posts? This is a common feature for classified ads scripts. But as mentioned in my initial post, it does not seem to be available in PhotoPost Classifieds.
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

You can see an example of Classifieds integrated with vB3 at http://www.photopostdev.com

Ads are only moderated if you want them to be; you can disable moderation of ads by usergroup.

Is there a way to locate all of the ads that a specific member has posted and edit/suspend/delete their posts?

Are you asking if you can delete all ads by a user? The answer is YES, when viewing their profile (PhotoPost Classifeds profile, that is), there is a DELETE ALL ADS option that will remove all ads placed by that user.
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #8
Regs
Verified Customer

Is there a way to selectively delete/edit a users ads rather than all/nothing?

Good feature suggestion if not

Cheers,

~Regs.
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You can do a search for there ads and edit/delete them

Old October 29th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #10
Regs
Verified Customer

I suppose so but that's a lot of work really for something that is a very useful and specific admin task in my opinion.

It would be better to have in the backend a facility that lists all users who have an ad in the system and then when you click on their name, it gives a table listing all of their ads with an edit/delete link beside each.

It would make the system that much stronger and easier to maintain for all admins I think.

Cheers,

~Regs.
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 01:56 AM   #11
Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regs
It would be better to have in the backend a facility that lists all users who have an ad in the system and then when you click on their name, it gives a table listing all of their ads with an edit/delete link beside each.
This is the functionality I had in mind.

Plus a suspend/enable option which would allow Admin to remove the ad from public view without deleting it from the database and later reinstate it if/when an issue was resolved.
Old November 1st, 2004, 02:07 AM   #12
Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
You can see an example of Classifieds integrated with vB3 at http://www.photopostdev.com

Ads are only moderated if you want them to be; you can disable moderation of ads by usergroup.

Is there a way to locate all of the ads that a specific member has posted and edit/suspend/delete their posts?

Are you asking if you can delete all ads by a user? The answer is YES, when viewing their profile (PhotoPost Classifeds profile, that is), there is a DELETE ALL ADS option that will remove all ads placed by that user.
So if I have PhotoPost Classifieds integrated with vB3 and I click on a user's profile while browsing classifieds I will be taken the their PhotoPost Classifeds profile (as opposed to their vB3 profile), is that correct? And if I'm viewing the profile as Admin I will see a button which enables me to delete all ads, is that correct?

What other options will I have as Admin when viewing a user's profile or ad?
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:28 AM   #13
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes, that is correct. From the profile page that is the only admin option. We don't have a "delist" and "relist" function for running ads (or a temporary ban for users).