PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:30 PM   #1
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

Exclamation Payable Photopost Classifieds Mod Request

Well I looked here at Photopost.com and at Photopostdev.com for a forum to post this in and nothing seemed to fit so I figured the next best spot would be here.

I have already tried to to get Omegatron and the ppl behind Photopost to give me a quote and or a rough figure on what this would cost but appearantly neither can or are willing to do it. So I am resorting to post it here. My site is http://www.gameindustryjobs.com and I am interested in a specific feature.

I want to be able to allow other websites to insert some code into their website that will then display the latest 10 job ad titles that when clicked will open a new browser window and take them to that job ad on my site.

I was hoping for the ability for the other website owners to be able to customize the colors as well as how many job ad titles to display as well.

Does anybody here know how to do that? It seem that getting any type of custom modding done on Photopost products is turning in to be a real pain in the REMOVED FOR VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES because nobody can or wont code.

If somebody knows how to do such a thing, is willing to do it and can give me a price quote I would really appreciate it. If you have a better way on doing this or suggestions I am all ears.

If you wish to discuss this more privately you can contact me at webmaster(at)cuttingtheedge.com . Please mark your email "Photopost Mod Request" to avoid my spam filters.

Thanks

Last edited by Chuck S; October 26th, 2004 at 11:35 AM.
Johnny Doomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You may post hack requests on photopostdev.com

This is a support forum for the product.

Just for the record since you are trashing Photopost people when posting asking for help with a mod on the photopost forum when a prospective client does not answer emails or questions when I ask them of course a quote will never be given. No response means no work period. Now I do not know if you have an email issue ( noting your spam filter thing) or not but the last email you sent in to scott and he forwarded to me was a no reply as well.

I sent you link of a normal RSS feed you did not like. I explained different strategies and how RSS works and how it displays on sites.

Placing an rss feed on someones site is easy. Giving them complete control over how it is displayed when the script is on your server is not. Different options can be set and passed in a url to the script just like I already showed you

Good Luck

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2004, 12:04 AM   #3
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

Omegatron, the last PM/contact I received from you was on August 9th and the PM said:

"well I think you need to decide exactly what your looking for

I wrote an rss script you did not like it. I showed you how text rss is shown in a previous PM and never heard a response.

RSS is exactly how things are synticated on another site.

I can alter the one I wrote to show in tables so someone could display your new posts somewhere else. You could place rss feed links in the category descriptions.

Its really in what your looking to do."

I have never received any email from you or any Photopost person other than the regular emails of thread notifies and lost passwords. My filters put my email in other folders, but I still check them.

I am completely unfamiliar with RSS feeds, however, I had learned the simple fact that they were used for syndicating one sites content to another site. The only link I'm aware of that you've pointed me to is: http://www.feedreader.com/ which was something of an RSS feed going to a program, not a website. Did you send me another link or does a type of RSS feed hack already exist that you sent me that I did not receive?

I am interested in allowing the sites to make the feed customizable (at least as far as link color, background color, # of chars before truncating with ...) I do not ever remember you sending me anything that displayed how this is accomplished through the url. Could you send it again through PM?

I am very interested in getting this, but it appears that mis-communication has been our main problem up until now.

Before posting this thread, I looked over at Photopostdev and there are only two forums for classifieds. The subtitle for both read as follows:

Modification Suggestions
"Have an idea for a modification? Need help writing one?"

and

Classifieds Modifications
"Post your code modifications here."

When I didn't see "request" or "help" in either of the subtitles I just assumed the purpose of those forums weren't for posting mod requests. I was about to post it in Modification Suggestions since it says "Need help writing one?", but then I thought it was more of a basic help, not a full blown having somebody do it for you, but more of somebody helping you out with a line of code here and there.

Will you please let me know how I should proceed and/or what decisions I need to make before contacting you again? If there is any type of RSS feed mod that already exists that has instructions on how to incorporate it into not only my classifieds website, but also how the end user would, I would love to check it out and perhaps only need to pay to have that mod slightly tweaked.

Sorry for any mis-communications we have had. From my perspective (before I knew about missing emails, etc.) our communication just cut off and didn't get any reply from you or Photopost ppl and was under the impression I was simply not being helped.

Please let me know and thanks for making it more clear about what went on previously.
Old October 27th, 2004, 07:17 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No problem

I have two email address's from you. You never replied to anything I sent so I simply moved on as stated above

In fact when you sent an email to support@photopost.com from the new email address asking for this hack above I sent a reply explaining that if you were the same person as Johnny Dommo that the hack was never processed because of no replies to emails. To date that email from the second address on file was never answered or replied to.

I can send you a link etc but I think you need to set your spam filters to allow both omegatron@comcast.net and chuck@photopost.com

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #5
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

OK, both of those emails have been added. Please resend the emails.

I really appreciate you working with me on this.

I await all your email goodness.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM   #6
Johnny Doomo
Verified Customer

I haven't received the emails. I was just wondering if they were sent or if my spam filter is being a b|tch?

Thanks.
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #7
soft4you

Quote:
I am completely unfamiliar with RSS feeds, however, I had learned the simple fact that they were used for syndicating one sites content to another site. The only link I'm aware of that you've pointed me to is: http://www.feedreader.com/ which was something of an RSS feed going to a program, not a website. Did you send me another link or does a type of RSS feed hack already exist that you sent me that I did not receive?
YeahReader - completely free RSS reader and blog client
soft4you is offline   Reply With Quote