PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:23 AM   #1
lucino

Question Questions ...

Hello,

we are interested to integrate photopost to our vBulletin Version 3.0.3 + vbPortal Version 3.0.0 Beta 3.

1) We have a paysite. Paying members (special user group) should access certain VIP album categories + all other album areas. Non paying members should be permitted to access only the NON VIP categories. Is it possible to realize it ? To give album access to certain user groups only ?

2) We have members who want to sell photos and videos to other registered members and request to have a "shop platform". For this service they pay to us. They like to give a thumbnail preview - payment through paypal from buyer to seller and full access after this procedure to their photo / video files, so that buyer can download. Possible or any plans to add such features ?

3) IŽd like to decide which photos are displayed in our forum as "most popular images", "random" and "recent photos". Can i select in the admin settings from which albums only the forum should select the photos ?

4) Do you have a sample for vb Portal integration ?

Thanks in advance !
lucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

1) We have a paysite. Paying members (special user group) should access certain VIP album categories + all other album areas. Non paying members should be permitted to access only the NON VIP categories. Is it possible to realize it ? To give album access to certain user groups only ?

Photopost is setup to use usergroup permissions to know who can post comments etc so if your using vb subscriptions and there usergroup is changed this works fine. I beleive there are many members who do this already.

2) We have members who want to sell photos and videos to other registered members and request to have a "shop platform". For this service they pay to us. They like to give a thumbnail preview - payment through paypal from buyer to seller and full access after this procedure to their photo / video files, so that buyer can download. Possible or any plans to add such features ?

You can code anything you want in. As far as future plans none planned at this minute but then Photopost does not have an active beta out. The developer will decide what new features will be added in the next version when that time is to develop a new version. So no telling what features will be added. Most likely if a payment system is added like we are placing in classifieds at this time which is in beta it deals with charging for placement of ads so it is possible charging for uploads might be a feature in the future of Photopost but payments to users between other users I would not see being in any near future.

3) IŽd like to decide which photos are displayed in our forum as "most popular images", "random" and "recent photos". Can i select in the admin settings from which albums only the forum should select the photos ?

Those queries are absolute but you may modify the queries to only pull images from certain categories but there is no admin switch which ones.

4) Do you have a sample for vb Portal integration ?

VBPortal is beta and there is no VBPortal integration as such. We integrate in VB3 with the VB3 header system.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:37 PM   #3
lucino

Thanks for your reply. Just to avoid misunderstandings ..

1) Is it correct that I can give different user groups access to certain albums / categories ? Some user groups are permitted to access certain photo albums, others not ... Paying /Non Paying members ...

4) I only asked about vbPortal because its stated at your page ...
Quote:
Other Features * MySQL database driven * Can integrate with vbPortal
Right now we use another photo gallery software but want to change. Do you also offer custom hacks .. when customers request it ? Do you charge for it ?

Thanks !
Old October 24th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #4
lucino

Quote:
1) Is it correct that I can give different user groups access to certain albums / categories ? Some user groups are permitted to access certain photo albums, others not ... Paying /Non Paying members ...

i think i found the answer already. I took a look at the admin panel - PhotoPost Category Editor - edit - and saw "Usergroup Access Permissions-These checked usergroups can view images in this category" Thats what i was looking for.
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucino
Right now we use another photo gallery software but want to change. Do you also offer custom hacks .. when customers request it ? Do you charge for it ?
Thanks !
Of course we can write custom hacks and yes we do charge for such services.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2004, 11:56 PM   #6
lucino

Quote:
Those queries are absolute but you may modify the queries to only pull images from certain categories but there is no admin switch which ones.

Thanks ! I ordered and just received my license. Where can I find assistance regarding the above settings ?