PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old September 1st, 2004, 11:35 AM   #1
batmon

Use PPPro, Classifieds, Review as a PHPNUKE module. How?

Hi,

I did some searches on this forum but I don't see any info about how to set all three applications as PHPNUKE modules. Some ppl talking about using iframe. I would like to try that but there is no instructions on how to do that. I did try add the following codes to index.php

on the very top:
Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
at the end:
Code:
It works on the first page such as http://www.housingideas.com/modules....=PPClassifieds but every page after does not work. I guess I can add the same "header" and the "footer" to each PHP file, but the main thing is all the links inside the pages, they all point to http://www.housingideas.com/modules/...ifieds/xxx.php, not http://www.housingideas.com/modules....fieds&file=xxx, etc. Can you tell me how to make all three applications work as Nuke modules? Since many people already ask, can you post some procedures on how to make this work? Thank you.
batmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2004, 01:22 PM   #2
batmon

Okay, I found out a bit. I only try this with Classifieds for now...

What I did is just edit the header-inc.php file and add this in there

Code:
This will make all PPClassifieds pages work like module, so this is a good news!!

I haven't figure out how to add footer tho... I need "footer-inc.php" added with

Code:
Now, I have to somehow make all the URL links works as Nuke module. Any thoughts on what's the best mod to do this? Basically I need to change all the URL links from something like

http://www.housingideas.com/modules/....php?product=1

to

http://www.housingideas.com/modules....duct&product=1

Last edited by batmon; September 1st, 2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old September 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM   #3
batmon

Footer works now too...

Okay... I made NUKE footer works now too...

Here is what I did. go to pp-inc.php and find function printfooter( $headers = "yes" ) {

in this function, there is a line says
Code:
, a line before
Code:
Change
Code:
to
Code:
I guess for the URL links inside, we need to create some kinda function call, is it? Can any of the developer give me some ideas before I did all the changes? Thank you.
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:36 PM   #4
batmon

Links are working now too! :-)

I guess no one is home today... sounds like I am just talking to myself...

This is what I did to make all the links in PPClassifieds work with PHPNUKE module. I need to change all the
Code:
tho...

However, I wrote a small function to make PPClassifieds still detect if you are using PHPNUKE or not. If you are using other authenications, then the link will still work correctly.

First, I add a function in pp-inc.php file

Code:
Then, on all the PHP files, instead of
Code:
, you need to use the function call.

For example a link like,

Code:
now should change/replace to

Code:
This is a bit of work. PhotoPost developer... can you add this to your next version so PHPNUKE users do not have to do this change on every new releases??

Now you can say PhotoPost works as PHPNUKE module now!! Do I get any rewards on this??

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Now I have to go through all the href links and mod it...

thanks.
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:01 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well we only discuss the unmodified code of our products on the support forum

You can discuss the how to's of your mods on the hack site http://www.photopostdev.com

I visited your site and I can tell you whatever you have done does not work at all. You indeed do have the module working for the index however the rest of the program does not work.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:06 PM   #6
batmon

What do you mean the rest does not work? I know I still need to change the a href link inside, I haven't done that yet...

for example, this does not work

http://www.housingideas.com/modules/....php?product=1

But this does

http://www.housingideas.com/modules....duct&product=1

right?

I just haven't got to all of them yet. Please read my post since I do spend time try to help out. Thank you.
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:21 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well I am just pointing on the obvious. You said in your post above you got it all working yet when I visited none of the links worked.

As I stated if you want to post what you did you can do so at photopostdev.com

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:45 PM   #8
batmon

I have no idea why you so unhappy about this. I changed most of the links and maybe you can try it out now. There are still some links need to be changed.

As I said, if you can add this to the future versions, that will be nice. Thank you.

Last edited by batmon; September 1st, 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old September 1st, 2004, 03:55 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

No one here is unhappy.

I have posted twice you can post code modification on the hack site. Code modifications are not discussed here. You initial post was to ask how to alter your code. I referred you to the hack site. We do not support alterations to code on the support forum.

You may sign in to the members area and post a suggestion if this is what your attempting to do in the photopost suggestions forum.

We do not track suggestions in the general forum

Old September 1st, 2004, 04:13 PM   #10
batmon

I still don't get it. Try to make the header works, then the footer works, then the URL links and I post what I found here to share with others. I already login as member and I thought "general discussion" is a member only forum... I was excited about what I can make it work with Nuke and all I am getting from you is "I can tell you whatever you have done does not work at all." or post it somewhere else... I thought trying to make it work with PHPNUKE module is a good thing, isn't it? Don't you guys wanna look into that?

If I post in http://www.photopostdev.com, are you guys wanna help to make this work since I am a paid member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron
Well we only discuss the unmodified code of our products on the support forum

You can discuss the how to's of your mods on the hack site http://www.photopostdev.com

I visited your site and I can tell you whatever you have done does not work at all. You indeed do have the module working for the index however the rest of the program does not work.

Last edited by batmon; September 1st, 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old September 1st, 2004, 04:59 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

This is a support forum where we help users who have issues with the the UNALTERED distributions of our programs who are seeking support. We do not discuss or support code alterations here.

If you for instance go to VBulletin Support and ask in a support forum how to hack for instance country flags or something into your VB forum. They are going to point you to the VB Hack site. This is nothing abnormal. This is the same thing I am doing.

You may as I suggested post a suggestions in the suggestions forum of example "Hey Guys how about looking into Nuke Module Support"

However your asking us as you have in this thread to help hack your install so it will work as a module I pointed you to a hack site where hacks are discussed.

Old September 1st, 2004, 08:17 PM   #12
batmon

Great, please tell me how to make PPPro, PPClassifieds and PPReviews work with PHPNUKE as module. I saw some posts but didn't tell much, or please give me some pointers.

Thank you.
Old September 1st, 2004, 08:34 PM   #13
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I'm not sure how to make it work as a module, although we've put in change as recommended by users who have. Information from users doing this is greatly appreciated and we'll do what we can to help; but I dont run phpnuke or know much about it.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:18 PM   #14
batmon

thanks. Just want you to know that I just bought all 3 software yesterady and just start using it this morning. All I am doing is trying to set it up to work with my PHPNUKE, that's all. It's not like I am trying to hack it or something.

Yes, it's my pleasure to share with you all what I found, that's why I post what I did here and hoping that you can add them to the new release to make them work better with PHPNUKE. I mean I am buying software to use it, not mod it for fun. :-p It will be super nice if I don't have to change anything and just install it to make it work with NUKE.

I am more then happy to test it out for you. Please let me know what I can do to help, thank you.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

As I have stated and Michael did as well if you figure it out you may let us know the changes you made so we can in the future try and do module support

FYI if you alter your coding as you have been doing to get it to work as a module it is considered hacking. Thus the suggestion to post on the hack site

Our Software works with Nuke as we advertise. It uses the Nuke user database so a user has one login to both programs.

Old September 1st, 2004, 11:13 PM   #16
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

I think one of the issues that needs to be worked out is the forward() function in pp-inc.php; I removed all the forwards and replaced them with this improved function which tries to call photopost as a module; only nobody has told me the format of a module call.

If you look at this function, you might see what needs to be done - or at the least, tell me what the URLs are suppose to look like and I'll try to help you make the proper changes.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:09 AM   #17
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The format is this

http://www.domain.com/modules.php?na...wphoto&photo=1

Basically the name is the program name and every file call is just the filename no extention.

This is more than a forward change.

If you truly wanted to make Photopost Module compatible EVERY link needs to be changed throughout the program. Below is an example of a part of pmenu in showphoto 458-460

if ( $usercomment == 1 && $Globals['allowpost'] == "yes" ) {
$pmenu .= "<a href=\"{$Globals['maindir']}/comments.php?photo=$id\">{$Globals['pp_lang']['post']}</a>";
}

would be

if ( $usercomment == 1 && $Globals['allowpost'] == "yes" ) {
if ( $Globals['vbversion'] == "nuke" && $Globals['module'] == "yes" ) {
$pmenu .= "<a href=\"{$Globals['vbulletin']}/modules.php?name=photopost&file=showphoto&photo=$id\">{$Globals['pp_lang']['post']}</a>";
} else {
$pmenu .= "<a href=\"{$Globals['maindir']}/comments.php?photo=$id\">{$Globals['pp_lang']['post']}</a>";
}

Basically the entire program and every link needs to be written to that format posted above for module support

Old September 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM   #18
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Ah, okay, I can see what you mean. Making all the links conditional for PN would be an excessive overhead for everyone else (given the small percentage of PN users). I'll have to give it some thought.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:41 PM   #19
batmon

Yeah, that's why I am thinking maybe you can do a function call to change the link around based on what user is using PP with.

So I add small function call in pp-inc.php

Code:
and instead of

Code:
maybe we can use something like this in the future

Code:
This way, if user using NUKE, then it will change to the NUKE link. Else, it will use standard link. I try to keep it as much unchanged on your codes as possible...

about forward(), I do see you have codes for postnuke, but not PHPNUKE. I add the followings after the "if ( $Globals['vbversion'] == "postnuke" )" to make the forward() works for PHPNUKE

Code:
Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:48 PM   #20
batmon

or we can do what omegatron says, but with a function call will be easier. Just wrap the URL with a function call. Now it will work with PostNuke, PHPNuke or any other module based CMS. All we have to do is modify the function call a bit to fit the needs. Hope this help.

Code:
Code: