PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old August 30th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #1
batmon

Can I add fields to PP Classified and reviews?

Hi,

I am interested in all three of your products. I have a few questions...

- I am using PHPNUKE with modified PHPBB (They call it BBtoNuke) that use PHPNUKE's autheications. I think PP pro works with PHPNUKE's user account, right? How about PP Classified and PP Reviews? Do they work with PHPNUKE user accounts?

- I wanna use PP Classified and PP reviews for Real Estate. Can I config the fields for users to post? I want to use drop down list fields and few textbox so it is easier to setup the search. How many fields can I add there? Real Estate requires many fields like # of rooms, # of batrooms, etc...

- For PHPNUKE and PP Pro, I can still create / setup each album for each user, right?

- Is there a discount to buy all three together?

Thank you.
batmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

All three products work with the PN user accounts; further integration has been done a number of ways, but those who do rarely document how they did it. phpBB2 is well supported, including at the style level.

Drop down selectible boxes can be done with some html modifications to the templates; extra fields are text by default.

Albums work regardless of integration.

A discount is applied to the purchase price at the time you all three products. I believe the discount is $10-$25 per additional product.
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #3
batmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
Drop down selectible boxes can be done with some html modifications to the templates; extra fields are text by default.
Can you tell me how many fields I can add? Where can I see that in Admin demo? I am not sure where to define fields. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
Albums work regardless of integration.
So with PHPNUKE integration, a user album will auto create when they sign up? Is that how it works? Thank you.

So far this all sounds good. I am really exciting about this. Let me know soon lo. :-D

-batmon
http://www.housingideas.com/
http://www.vkick.com
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #4
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

. Depends which product. PP in the Categories section, RP in the Admin Options and Classifieds also in the category section.

Albums are created by users, not auto created.
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #5
batmon

[quote=Michael P]. Depends which product. PP in the Categories section, RP in the Admin Options and Classifieds also in the category section.[quote]

Thank you, Mike.

I check PP and I found you can add 6 fields. I check RP's Option section but I don't see where to add fields... and the Classifieds, its admin demo does not work. Can you confirm how many fields I can customize in RP and Classifieds? And is it possible to add more, like 25 fields?

Thank you very much for your help.
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You have 6 extra fields in each product.

You can add up to 25 sure if you modify the code and database. You need to modify several php files and templates to do this but as Michael states those that have done it rarely document how to do it. You can do this yourself or we do offer custom services for an extra fee to customize products to your needs.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM   #7
batmon

Sounds great. I will place the order tonight. Thank you.