PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:49 AM   #1
joergh
Verified Customer

No instant download access

Hi,

I just bought photopost, after (!) the process was finished, the system told me that i have to wait 1 business day to get access to the files. The minimum info for potential customers should be that you get this info before releasing your order.

Sorry but that is not acceptable. I have bought several scripts and everytime you get instant access. It is saturday i have some time to update my page. Now i believe i have to wait until monday maybe tuesday. That not okay!

I am quite sure creditcard fraud is a problem, but honestly that is not my problem. Then you have to integrate other "verified" payment methods like paypal (for verified users) and so on.

If someone can accelerate the process, please donīt hesitate

joergh
joergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Actually if you want to be techical here PAYPAL is the LEAST VERIFIED way of doing business and we do not accept it.

There is no way to guarantee payment with paypal as a customer can reverse payment after downloading the software.

Also nowhere does it say you will get INSTANT DOWNLOAD access although it would do no harm to point that out in the beginning.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #3
joergh
Verified Customer

As far as i know it is possible for the seller that you only accept payments from "verified paypal members" and not from "new Paypal users". That means that there was in minimum 1 sucessfull test transaction of debiting your creditcard with 0.01 USD. So paypal proves that it is a real valid credit card.

Now paypal is even standard within ebay.

Sorry to say but my "photopost-buy" was the first time i didnīt get the software i needed within minutes or in maximum hours.

Of course I will live with that but i do not have to love this process

joergh
joergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I can accept that I dont think anyone likes to wait its not in the 20th-21st century humans vocabulary.

However In all fairness I must say I as I own UBBThreads licenses Vbulletin licenses as well as multiple Photopost products and even our competition albinator that in every case there is a processing wait. I think the shortest wait was like 12 hours and the max 48 hours from Infopop for a Threads license. I have yet to encounter an instant download link for any program of substance. I know some helper apps like spyware sniffer's etc toolbar addons are offered on an instant download.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:02 AM   #5
tmpanime

I just recently purchased PhotoPost for our site and was a bit surprised that it didn't have the instant download, but I was also pleasantly surprised that the license info came within a couple of hours, and this was on a Saturday. As an e-tail shop owner, I'm all familiar with the need for instant gratification and was a bit antsy myself checking my email every five minutes. LOL.

BTW, as for PayPal, we have been scammed by customers before, even those who were "verified PayPal members". And paypal has the worst customer service of any business. Ever try finding their phone number? It's close to impossible. And going through their dispute system is even worse.
tmpanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #6
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

Exactly! Does anyone really want to deal with PayPal as a part of their normal business practice? Customer Service blows and there is no recourse for a vendor trying to prevent a disputed bill from being reversed. With the rampent PayPal fraud, a Veryified member is no indication that the transaction is legit or wont be contested. And PayPal's policy of auto-reversing any transaction that doesn't involve proof of actual shipment/receipt of goods is unacceptable in our business.

eBay uses PayPal because they bought them for a couple billion bucks.
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:39 AM   #7
Farnee

Yeh, I was a little upset with no instant download too.

But it was something I was expecting after reading this post. So I was excited to log on today to have access to the site, BUT.....

I get an email saying that Im not getting access until I prove that I own the domain name I entered!
My whois is blocked to stop spam and for privacy issues so they couldnt check that I owned the domain. I also used my personal email address, so they couldnt say I owned the domain because of that too.

Now, Im guessing I have to wait another 24 hours befoe I can download. Im in Aus so when I logged on this afternoon it is midnight in USA (Im guessing the company is in USA).

Now I wont log in till tomorrow arvo. I dont understand why you need to see that I own the domain? Why would I purchase it for a domain that I didnt own?
or
What if a friend was purchasing it for me and their name is not on the whois?

my 2 cents.....
Farnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2004, 08:14 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well I will add with any company like this their is a very high percentage of INTERNET FRAUD.

All orders are double checked. People who use false information or people who use hotmail email etc or hide their identity will be asked to provide verification of identify. This is not something out of the ordinary.