PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old July 29th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #41
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Have you properly entered the xenforo global salt in your photopost config?

Have you properly set cookies in both applications to match.

My bet is you have not entered your global salt most people forget that one.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #42
dakis
Verified Customer

what's a "global salt"? I don't see any such field anywhere inside my photopost config.

Unless it's within a php file?
dakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #43
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your telling me you do not see the huge section under your photopost config in admin that is highlighted YELLOW

Quote:
Xenforo Globalsalt required for xenforo integration (if using Xenforo integration, you must enter your globalsalt number here).

You can find this number in your xenforo librarynForo\Application.php file. Around line 473 line in the file looks like: 'globalsalt' => '########################', It is the ######################## number you need to place here.
This is something asked for on install when you integrate the two products it is a required thing for proper authentication same as vbulletin has there license number. The globalSalt is part of the xenforo cookie.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #44
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

FYI......... All Applications have been updated to HTML 5 compliant templating as well as an admin xenforo style match panel to help support custom xenforo styles which may stray from the supported xenforo release style class names.

Old August 13th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #45
senton1

I've got a issue with the consumer integration with my xenforo, after you move on the forum to gallery, it still teaches you as logged in, however when you try to take a step, like upload a photo, it's trying for your credentials again. When you finally input them, it returns towards gallery index page, and you've to do the function again - some times it really works, some times it's asking time and again for credentials.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
senton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #46
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Please verify yourself and your license so we can check your support status. What site and license is this.

You can send us site info like url admin and ftp logins if you wish us to take a look but my suggestions would be make sure cookies are correctly set per the cookie tutorial in the FAQ forum as well as in your config settings in the gallery admin panel you have entered the correct globalsalt where asked for xenforo.

Old October 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #47
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay now that we have supported enhanced xenforo integration for 6 months and users have been running it just thought I would get some ideas on enhancing things.

We do support a better integration that vBulletin as we do support full style header footer integration as well as photo blocks profile integration and breadcrumbs.

Just trying to get some ideas on new things we can do.

Old January 25th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #48
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

okay I am working with the new Pro 8.5 Beta due to open soon and just thought I would ask this once again since the best integration we support is now Xenforo are there any other integration features you have in mind to make it even better?

Old February 16th, 2014, 07:50 PM   #49
ski-whiz

I left vBulletin when my vB5 turned my site into an unusable forum. So now I'm on Xenforo, and like you said in this thread, there are FLOCKS of people jumping ship to Xenforo. It's clean, simple, and powerful.

Anyway, I am thinking of renewing, but am scared of pulling the trigger because I can't see the backend. I saw I have to do something with cookies in order to get it to work.

How are permissions set up etc? I know with ALL the integrations you support, it's impossible to have screenshots, but how are usergroups set up? Is there simply a link to the photopost config area?

It might be worth the $39 to test it out again. I just want to get as much info as possible before I renew and try on my Xenforo install.
ski-whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #50
ski-whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
okay I am working with the new Pro 8.5 Beta due to open soon and just thought I would ask this once again since the best integration we support is now Xenforo are there any other integration features you have in mind to make it even better?
So does this mean it integrates better with Xenforo, vice vB?
ski-whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #51
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Well it is a more integrated with Xenforo than vBulletin does not mean its better it is all up to what forum you like. Here is a xenforo test setup

http://www.omegatron.net/gallery

we integrate with xenforo header footer style just like vb and even put stuff into the forum like vb but xenforo has two enhancements over vb one is that the breadcrumbs are used from xenforo in photopost and two any forum stuff that shows on the forum has settings and controls for that within the xenforo admin options you do not need to go to our program to administer that stuff.