PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old November 12th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1
stumeister1
Verified Customer

Vb Upgrade and Effects on Photopost

I am presently running VB 4.2.0 integrated with Photopost 8.1
I am about to upgrade VB to 4.2.2 I am just wondering what possible errors I might encounter or what if any actions I will need to do to Photopost once I complete the VB upgrade. I do not plan on upgrading Photopost at present. Thanx, Stu
stumeister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Off the top of my head I can not say as it has been awhile since 8.1 has been out and I never ran 8.1 with 4.22 obviously so I always suggest to upgrade.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

One thought is you would definately want to update your xml plugins for vb as those have changed alot since 8.1. The vbulletin variable structure changed from 4.2 to 4.21 so the plugins need to be redone which require the newer plugins the old 8.1 files would not fully support 4.22

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
stumeister1
Verified Customer

I gave it a shot and upgraded 4.2.0 to 4.2.2, having some minor style/template color issues that I am sure I can fix by finding a newer template that is compatible, but I am now unable to access my Photopost tab. I get the following message:
Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in /home/stuspicp/public_html/photopost/forums/vb3.php on line 577

And Line 577 of vb3.php reads as follows:
$bbcode_parser =& new vB_BbCodeParser($vbulletin, fetch_tag_list());

Is there an easy fix?

My license has obviously expired for PP Pro, Does your upgrade installation service include everything? I can afford the $49 to have you do the upgrade, but if I have to spend an additional $129 for the license too, then I will just revert back to my old backed up version. Thanx for your input, Stu
Old November 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Stu no you never have to buy a new license ever. Your options are as follows.

1. You pay $39.00 to renew members access and you perform your photopost pro upgrade.

2. You pay $39.00 to renew members access and then pay $49.00 for the upgrade service and we would perform your upgrade.

The upgrade or install services are one time fees for us to perform work. You would need to purchase the members area renewal no matter which way you go as you would need to renew access on your expired license so you have access to the code.

Old November 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #6
stumeister1
Verified Customer

OK Chuck, I would need to access my Photopost page and admin area in order to do the PP upgrade. I still get the error message above and am unable to access photopost. I've lost patience for this now and would just like to have you do the whole upgrade so I can be sure the integration works properly. Can you work with what I have now, I have basically done the Vbulletion upgrade to 4.2.2 and my site recognizes the right version at the bottom of the page? my skins are a bit messed up. My present Pro Boards Black skin shows up and works fine, yet when I attempt to change to another skin, only the home page changes and the rest of my site still shows the PBB skin. Can you work with this or am I better off having my Host put back a backup version of my site and start all over, and you upgrade Photopost 1st and then Vbulletin? Let me know what you think and what we need to do to start the process. Thanx, Jerry
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The only error message you have noted in this thread require you to upgrade your gallery to newer files so your not getting rid of issues until you upgrade. That is a given.

I can do your upgrade you simply need to follow number 2 in my post above then. Customer Service will complete that process and send me any upgrade service that needs to be done.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Customer Service sent me your upgrade this morning so will contact you via email once it is completed.