PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #201
amymook
Verified Customer

I am importing vbgallery into a photopost pro installation. I got the photopost/wordpress/simplepress to talk to eachother. I thought I had indicated the vbgallery files/images folder correctly and the target photopost images folder correctly, but I am not seeing any photos or categories after I did the import to photopost. The script looked like it was working, but then there are no pics or categories so I think I might have indicated some wrong folder or?? When I went to try to run the vbag.php script again it did not give me a chance to change the locations of the folders, it went directly to the 'Importing' dialogue. Any suggestions for trying again? thnx
amymook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #202
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well links? I really can not offer advise without seeing what things look like

If you did not get any errors things should have worked so what errors did you get?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #203
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

http://www.photopost.com/forum/1206159-post1.html

Make sure your using this download as you seem to have posted in the old vbadvanced vbgallery thread as well.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 04:33 AM   #204
Whity
Verified Customer

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
I switched on and off safe mode, it does not affect
Whity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM   #205
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your server pathy to the vbgallery files directory is incorrect look at your error message.

/www/files

Your entering that as your files directory for vbgallery

I can not tell you what your proper path is because only you truly know where you have the files directory but if your files directory is right off your webroot same as your photopost install then should your vbgallery files directory be this

/usr/hosting/www/files

your photopost data directory should look like this

/usr/hosting/www/gallery/data

Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #206
Whity
Verified Customer

At me it turned out very interestingly , all my files lay in a FILES folder root. The script couldn't find them. It was necessary in manual to scatter files in subfolders: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Whity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM   #207
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yes that would be true as the script as noted in this very thread was not written for SAFE MODE FILE STORAGE.

Therefore you would have to use vbGallery and save the files as normal storage Pro does not work with safe mode on hense any importer written for it would not consider that as an option so it is looking for files where they should be in a normal install.

Old October 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #208
Subah

Hello Chuck,

I am running the vbulletin 4.1.3 with vbgallery 3.01 and now i am thinking to update my forum to 4.2.2 and change the gallery to the Photopost since there is no active developer so should i update the forum them change from vbgallery to PP or first i change from vbgallery tp PP them i update my forum ?
Subah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #209
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You want to update your forum first as you would not want to update PhotoPost Pro twice. The plugins are different for 4.1.3 than 4.2.2.

Once you update your vBulletin to 4.2.2 install Pro correctly and once thats done and operational just run this importer to import your vbGallery content. Once that is done and everything is imported you can remove vbGallery.

Old October 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM   #210
Subah

Thank you for reply Chuck
Subah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM   #211
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your welcome let me know if you have any other questions.

Old November 13th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #212
chediger2074
Verified Customer

Reporting a bug:

When using special characters in any of the "password" formfields, the import script did not import any data. There's no specific error shown, the script would simply spit out Importing 1 files .... please wait, importing no data.

A bit frustrating to be sure. So I thought I'd report that once I changed the password to only letters & digits - the script works just fine.

J.
chediger2074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #213
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

This script is many years old I am sure it probally needs to be updated for newer PHP's although its released as is I think.

Basically replacing the config field definers with since quotes should resolve that issue

$password = "SOMEPASSWORD";

would look like

$password = 'SOMEPASSWORD';

Old March 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #214
Olli2k

Two problems at the import:
Several categories are missing, I already did the cleaning work, but these cats are not showed up in the Admin panel edit settings. I think it depend on missing parent/child entries on database, as you can see in the screen.
I think best way would be to correct this directly on the database, but I'm still at the trey to understand the logic. Every main categeory needs an entry for all childs and ever child his main cat? What about sub cats for child cats?

Seconmd thing is that my forum is german and all all umlauts looks like "2010 und älter", is there any way to fix that at the import?

What is best way to redo the import? Or would deleting all tables and reinstall the best way here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hc_254.jpg (33.2 KB, 5 views)
Olli2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #215
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

This has nothing to do with the import. vBGallery is a little different that PhotoPost Pro so its not going to be exact. The categories your talking about will not be listed under edit categories ever because they are not true admin created category they are personal albums. If you allow users to assign albums to categories they can edit there albums and assign them to a category but these cats would never in Pro show in the categories list only when viewing a category.

It looks to me like they imported fine and should show when viewing the category they are assigned to.

All personal albums are shown on the album index like so

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/m...ion=showalbums

Now see albums assigned to categories would show at the top of the category they are assigned to like below.

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/g5-toys-that-go.html

There is nothing wrong with your import you just need to discover how things work.

As far umlates there are FAQ in the FAQ forum that explain issues. your database encoding and page encoding need to be the same so if your page encoding is set to iso-8859-1 then make sure in PhotoPost your database encoding in the config is set to the proper encoding. UTF-8 would not be correct and is the default for a new install.

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #216
Olli2k

Thanks again for your help,

you are right, I found the missing cats in the user albums, but they are assigned to user, who did not create them and have nothiong to do with this pics. Is there any way for chaning them to admin created ones ?

The charset related topic:
I am a little bit confused, I looked at my vbulletin config file and there is:
$config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';

In phpMyadmin the database config is:
utf8_general_ci

Looking at an old vBgallery table the collation is:
latin1_swedish_ci

And the new tables of pp are:
utf8_general_ci

So from my point of view, I have to delete all tables of pp, set the config file to $ppcharset='latin1'; and reimport everthing, can you confirm this? Or is there any faster way, to correct everything ?

One notice left:
Tables of pp and vb are in the same database

Regards
Oliver
Olli2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #217
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Quote:
you are right, I found the missing cats in the user albums, but they are assigned to user, who did not create them and have nothiong to do with this pics. Is there any way for chaning them to admin created ones ?
No idea what you mean. We import whoever the parent is in the import script but you can edit in the database the parent field and enter the userid of the real user they belong to.

Well if you view the page source of your vb page the header etc if it has iso-8859-1 then you must set your photopost database encoding to the same from the edit config in admin. If you want to edit the config file directly you can put latin2 on the line.