PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #21
0ptima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Optima

Photopost is not a mod or hack. It is a full featured application much like the forums your talking about. I can not list it in the xenforo mods area as it is not really a xenforo mod.

As far as xenforo and photopost we are both sure to be announcing this new integration and capitalize on it.
Understood. It would also be a good idea to add more content to the demo (categories and pictures).
0ptima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #22
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

The link I posted to was a test site. It is not a demo really. The content on that server changes all the time. I beleive that url your commenting on may have been a test setup months ago showing the 8.3 beta.

The PhotoPost Demo is here

A community photo gallery - PhotoPost Photo Gallery

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #23
0ptima

Quote:
The link I posted to was a test site. It is not a demo really. The content on that server changes all the time. I beleive that url your commenting on may have been a test setup months ago showing the 8.3 beta.

The PhotoPost Demo is here

A community photo gallery - PhotoPost Photo Gallery
Would be nice to see a live Xenforo and Photopost integration with sufficient content.
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #24
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Sufficient is a relative term only only attainable to your ideals.

The test I posted shows what it is suppose to show which is the header footer navigation of xenforo around our application.

You will have to wait for a user who actually runs xenforo and the gallery together with alot of content to post a url if they choose to.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #25
0ptima

Quote:
Sufficient is a relative term only only attainable to your ideals.

The test I posted shows what it is suppose to show which is the header footer navigation of xenforo around our application.
Im not asking for the moon. ~5 categories and ~30 pics would be sufficient. This would give one a better idea on the the look and feel.
Quote:

You will have to wait for a user who actually runs xenforo and the gallery together with alot of content to post a url if they choose to.
Why???? This makes no sense at all. Are you expecting people to imagine what it looks like?

Dont know if you are aware, Xenforo licensees have been asking for a gallery for a long time and no one has yet to deliver. Once they find out about this XF + PP enhanced integration, they will want to see it in action. Instead, they come here and see a VB3 integration.

Do you think they are going to hunt down an XF integration? Doubt it.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:39 AM   #26
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Optima we support 25 different forums and have supported xenforo since it was an early beta years ago before they even released a final gold version. Nothing has changed here we support things as we always have except now we can load the xenforo header footer automatically thats it.

My example that I posted is just that an example it is not some demo. It is a link to one of my personal sites. You asked for the demo then I am going to show you the photopost on this site and it is vb3 because that is the forum the owner of photopost chooses to use that for a support forum.

Once we do some type of official announcement I will most likely ask the few sites I know of if they want to be linked and get permission to post there site links in an announcement.

That is about the most I can do for you.

A community photo gallery - Omegatron Gallery

I am still developing the new integration with xenforo with our last product ReviewPost.

Old March 31st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #27
0ptima

Quote:
Once we do some type of official announcement I will most likely ask the few sites I know of if they want to be linked and get permission to post there site links in an announcement.
That sounds more like it.
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM   #28
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yeah we are not at that stage yet.

This thread was started before we even supported header footer integration in xenforo like we do in vb.

My test link is just that a test link to show the progression of the work. I know of one customer who I worked with who has like 30000 photos in his xenforo photopost setup. Two different sites are in german so users will have to take that with a grain of salt. Remember we do not require users to list what they integrate with so we are limited to what we can tell list and I am not going to list anyone's url without there permission.

Once I get Reviewpost out the door and a few more people test things out I will do an official announcement on our site. That will most likely be in a week or two to give enough of you to test things out and find any issues that need to be addressed.

Coming in the future obviously as I need time to learn the xenforo plugin system I will probally also expand the plugin xml from just right now supporting the navigation to also showing a photo block on the forum as well as adding our profile stuff to the xenforo profile. Providing of course there are the proper hooks. The documentation over at xenforo on the plugins is a bit light shall we see what I can come up with in time. I will most likely release that stuff as mods to begin with in time and as things mature include them into the core product just like I did with my vb4 mods I did that became standard in PP8 series.

Old March 31st, 2013, 03:24 PM   #29
optrex
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ptima View Post
That sounds more like it.
still tweaking the layout, so its likely to change over the next few days
MetServ Photo Gallery - MetServ Photo Gallery
optrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:53 PM   #30
0ptima

Chuck, tried to send you a PM but I cant. There is spammer on test site
Main Forum | Omegatron Forums
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:59 PM   #31
0ptima

Quote:
Originally Posted by optrex View Post
still tweaking the layout, so its likely to change over the next few days
MetServ Photo Gallery - MetServ Photo Gallery
Very nice! Is that your own custom style or is it available for download?
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:35 PM   #32
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

anybody want to tell me where the xenforo spam stuff is. It is a pain to have to delete spam 20 posts at a time. LOL

Darn spammers go lay some flooring in my house for the day and come back to spam.

Old April 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #33
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Just an update for you all.

I have been able to expand upon the xml plugins for xenforo.

Now there is an option panel for all photopost settings needed in xenforo which also now includes whether or not to show a block of photos on the forum home. You can set how many to show turn the block on or off as well where to show and what type of photos to show.

A community photo gallery - My Photo Gallery

I will release that soon just going to go investigate if I can figure out how to add profile stuff to the xenforo profile page.

Old April 13th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #34
fairwea1

Quote:
anybody want to tell me where the xenforo spam stuff is. It is a pain to have to delete spam 20 posts at a time. LOL

Darn spammers go lay some flooring in my house for the day and come back to spam.
I believe most people are using mods to take care of spam.

TAC(Tenants Anti-Spam Collection) - Anti-Spam (Free Version) | XenForo Community
fairwea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #35
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yeah I am sure. Since the site in question was a test site I am purely using to test integration with our products I simply turned off posting to registered users in the forums.

That takes care of it as well.

Old April 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

029 - My Photo Gallery

Click on the username and see the profile links all go to the forum and our gallery info displays in a tab like vb4 so I have completed all plugins for xenforo.

Old July 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #37
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I am working on an html5 xenforo template set currently and will announce when I finish.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/gener...ost-8-4-a.html

Old July 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #38
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

8.4 should be out tomorow with html5 compliant template set which uses a mix of xenforo and pp styling.

My Photo Gallery | Omegatron.net

Next step will be a complete xenforo styled tableless template set but before I can do that I would need to see how the xenforo styling panes out in that new forum.

Old July 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #39
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photo...18-2013-a.html

Old July 29th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #40
dakis
Verified Customer

I have a problem with the user integration with my xenforo, when you move from the forum to gallery, it still shows you as logged in, but when you try to do something, like upload a photo, it's asking for your credentials again. After you input them, it returns to the gallery index page, and you have to try to do the function again - some times it works, some times it's asking again and again for credentials.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
dakis is offline   Reply With Quote