PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > PhotoPost Support > PhotoPost Pro Support Forums > Photopost Pro Import Scripts

Photopost Pro Import Scripts Looking to upgrade to PhotoPost? We'll post any importers we develop here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #1
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Want to go from standalone to Vbulletin in Photopost?

Okay if you just bought Vbulletin and have a standalone install of Photopost you want to integrate with photopost you will need to take the proper steps to realign Photopost to integrate with Vbulletin.

This script is written to assist users to import there Photopost users into Vbulletin user table thus enabling you to switch Photopost to a Vbulletin integration and have everyone able to use Vbulletin

1. Upload both files from the zip to your server

2. Chmod import.cnf file to 777

3. Load import.php script in your browser and fill out the database information and then run through the steps

Thats It.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vbimport.zip (2.8 KB, 126 views)

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by Chuck S; February 21st, 2006 at 11:23 AM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM   #2
Reynaldopp

Hey:

Thanks for the script. Unfortunately it didnt work for me until I changed the following line:
Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
into:

Code:
Content visible to verified customers only.
Reynaldopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

yep thats a typo thanks

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old February 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #4
JacobYTG
Verified Customer

Separate domain names

Hi Chuck,

I have a new vbulletin with a separate domain name from my stand alone photopost pro domain name, all of my userbase is in the photopost pro, i want to integrate all the users in the new vbulletin, Is it possible to with separate domain names? If so, how is it done?

Thanks,

Jacob
JacobYTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

As long as the vbulletin allows external mysql connection you can connect them

As far as this why not move Photopost to that domain?

Old February 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #6
JacobYTG
Verified Customer

Quote:
As far as this why not move Photopost to that domain?
Thats a good idea, but i would need to purchase another Photopost and transfer the photos that are specific with the vbulletin domain name i plan to use, which i might do.

Thanks Chuck,

Jacob
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You mean your not going to get rid of this one install?

If your going to delete your current install where it is your permited to move Photopost to another url without buying a license.

You only need to get an additional license if you want a 2nd install

Old February 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #8
JacobYTG
Verified Customer

No, I don't want to get rid of my installed one, I have over a thousand photo's on it now, but they are various photos, I want to add a 2nd install, and just transfer the ones in that certain category that go with my new domain name, from my 1st install.

Then keep the 1st install a stand alone until i get a vbulletin forum for that one.

Too bad there couldn't be a way to integrate just a certain category into vbulletin.

Jacob
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Okay then yes you would need to purchase an install for this second site

Old March 15th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #10
melwade
Verified Customer

Error

I get this message when I run the script:

Quote:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sites/site1/web/vbimport/import.php on line 298
Importing 1 Users .... Please wait

Import Done!!
Any advice?
melwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

You have entered the wrong info to import the users? Checked the script over it makes a connection to the photopost database and then imports the users into a clean vbulletin.

Have you checked your import.cnf.php file to check your database values?

Old March 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #12
awtyler0
Verified Customer

Question Edit for Invision Power Board?

Is it possible to get an edited version of this script to copy users from PP into Invision Power Board v2.1.5? I just used the 4Images import script, and need to copy all my imported users into the forum...

Thanks!
awtyler0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

We can not into it but I can not give any timeframe on any such script.

Old March 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #14
melwade
Verified Customer

I'm still missing something. I've merged the users into vbulletin, but now I have two seperate user systems. photopost is not looking to vbulletin for login.
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

well this script merely imports users. You would need to edit your photopost settings and files and such to align with vbulletin etc. Try searching on these forums as there are a few posts here about switching integrations.

Old March 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #16
melwade
Verified Customer

I did the import but the Birthdays came in backwords. They were written in vBulletin as 1970-12-31 instead of 12-31-1970. How can I fix this?

Its causing everyone to be listed as COPPA users.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #17
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Hi

I just tried this script with an existing PP 5.62 installation (2742 users) and a fresh and clean vb3.68 installation.

All users seem to be imported. But no usergroups. It seems that all users of PP special groups are pushed into the administrator group.

In the frontend statistics of vb, the numebr of users displayed is still only 1 though.

Is there a way to also import the usergroups of PP? Or how does it interact then with PP to show the same userlevel on both sides for teh same user?

Last edited by snoopy5; September 10th, 2007 at 04:34 PM.
snoopy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #18
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Usergroups are not imported, Your users should be imported into vb with the usergroupid of 2 and admin 6 to match you can create usergroups in vb. We dont import our groups into vb since all user management is in vb and this script is just concerned with adding users and the admin to vb.

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #19
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Usergroups are not imported, Your users should be imported into vb with the usergroupid of 2 and admin 6 to match you can create usergroups in vb. We dont import our groups into vb since all user management is in vb and this script is just concerned with adding users and the admin to vb.
o.k.

what would then be the next appropriate step to have a shared userregistration of vb and PP after using this script?

my idea would be:

-------------

1. creating usergroups in vb with the same name then the ones in PP

2. distributing the users in the appropriate usergroup within vb

3. Edit the settings table of Photopost settings 41,83,171-173 and set to the proper integration type forum mysql table prefix and cookie settings.

4. Edit my config-inc.php file of Photopost and enter in user database the proper vbulletin mysql info and the proper vbulletin license in the $vblicense variable line.

5. In my usergroups table of Photopost delete all entries except Administrators where that one you want to edit it and change the groupid from 2 to 6

6. synchronise within PP with the link in ACP/usergroup the usegroups now with vb usergroups

7. Recheck all settings (upload rights etc.) for each usergroup within PP

---------------

Would that work? Would all userids be correct between the 2 software and all albums etc.?
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #20
snoopy5
Ultimate Member
Verified Customer

mmmhhh,

I did all that now. The most work was within vbulletin the manual move of the imported users into their newly created usergroups.

But it seems that the usergroup ID is somehow hardcoded to the username with the import script.

Even after I changed the usergroup for a user within vbulletin, the usergroup ID stays in the db of vbulletin and of PP the old one. If I look in the ACP within vbulletin, I see the name of the new (and correct) usergroup, but the db field and PP tells me a different story with teh ID#.

If I click within PP on the user profile, it shows me the wrong usergroup. But all images are correctly linked to that User.

I do think that has something to do with how vb is numbering the pre-default usergroups and vs. PP usergroup ID.

#8 for example is the ID for banned users. A specific usergroup of PP (moderators) was automatically imported with this script into this usergroup. Although I moved those users out of banned into a newly created group, it still shows in the db the ID of the group "banned". And PP seems to take the same group obviously as vb for that user.

Maybe I have to delete first all usergroups before I use this script. But then I also do not know which user belongs to which group.

before using this import script, I had the following group IDs:

---------
5 Administrator
1 Banned
3 unregistered Visitor
4 Registered /Guest
2 COPPA
6 Bronze
7 Gold
8 Moderator
9 Silver
10 Dealer
--------------------

After the import script I had:

---------
6 Administrator
8 Banned
1 unregistered Visitor
2 Registered /Guest
4 COPPA
9 Bronze
12 Gold
7 Moderator
11 Silver
13 Dealer

3 User who are waiting for E-Mail notification (new group of vb)
5 Super Moderator (new group from vb)
--------------------

So it seems that i.e. ID#8 (moderators) do not change their ID after import. Although I moved them to "Gold" (ID 12) within vb, they still show ID 8

Do I have then to fix this then directly in database or is there an easier solution possible?