I am able to figure out some of the integration, but I'm getting lost in the great jumble of posts that are out there on this subject. There really should be a "definitive work" on how to install and integrate RP with VB3.
I've installed RP on my test server before putting it on my production server...and I'm glad I did because it has been a rocky road so far. As long as I run ReviewPost and VB3 separately they both work perfectly (they both share the user db for VB3). My problems occur when I try to integrate them.
Here is exactly what I've done and what my results were.
1. Live copy of VB 3.0.3 used for my user database.
2. Installed RP 2.8.2 successfully. Can log in as a user from the VB database and access the admin panel, config and option pages. At this point I everything is good.
3. I set my cookie domain to " ", my cookie path to "/" and my cookie prefix to "bb". These are identical on both the RP and VB3 configs.
4. I have RP installed in /mydomain.com/reviewpost/ and my forums are in /mydomain.com/forums/. I am able to log in to my forums and then click into my RP successfully. I can log out of RP, then go back to my forums and I am also logged out of it. Likewise, I can log into my RP, then go to my forums and be successfully logged in already. At this point I feel like I am on the right track and it would appear my cookies are behaving as I would expect. Now, I want to give RP total integration with styles, VB header/footer, and so on.
5. When I modify the header-inc.php file, I notice that this file seems to be designed for Photopost instead of ReviewPost. In two places it references "$pppath" instead of what I think should be "$RP_PATH" to match the config-inc.php file. Can anyone confirm this? This is the unaltered file that came with RP 282.
6. One post in the forums suggests that line 57 of header-inc.php which states "chdir($pppath . "/");" should be edited to include the full path to RP. Can anyone confirm that the $pppath should be changed to $RP_PATH on that line, and/or that it should also include the full path.
7. Additionally, the FAQ for the VB3 integration in the PhotoPost Install Forum states "There is also a stylesheet variable just below that which needs to be edited." Can anyone elaborate on what exactly this is referring to? [look under the heading that states "I cannot get my vB3 headers to work."] Was he talking about an older version of the header-inc.php file?
8. On the VB3 side, I searched these forums all day long and found that everyone does things differently as far as editing paths go. However, the FAQ states that you only need to edit a couple lines in the "header" template and the "headinclude" template. Can someone please confirm this is the correct way to do things? Are there other templates not mentioned in the FAQ that also need to be edited?
9. My final result is this. My RP appears to be integrated, using the same styelsheets, navbar, header and footer from VB3. However, the login/logout process is really messed up. While logged into both (shows my name in both VB3 and RP), I can hit logout on the VB3 navbar, and I get a RP screen which says "successful login
" at which point takes me back to my RP page. VB3 still shows me as logged in, while RP shows me logged out. Obviously something went wrong...somewhere. I suspect there are more templates I need to edit in VB3.
I would appreciate any insight into where I made a wrong turn.
Would it be possible to get a sticky for VB3 integration with ReviewPost inside the actual ReviewPost folder? I find it confusing that not only do you have to go to the PhotoPost forum to solve a ReviewPost issue, but the variables are incorrect for our product, making troubleshooting even more difficult.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help. I am anxious to begin using the software!