PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > PhotoPost Product FAQs

PhotoPost Product FAQs Answers to your most frequently asked questions about all our products.

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #1
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

vB3 Integration FAQ

It would seem that integration with vB3 is the #1 support issue here on PhotoPost.Com, so I am writing this FAQ to help guide you through the process and help you determine what settings need to be adjusted.

It's important for users to realize that in order for PhotoPost to communicate with vB you have to make some changes to both PP and vB so they can.

What are all these cookie settings and what do I need to set them to?

PhotoPost allows for you to configure the cookie_domain, cookie_path and a cookie_prefix. Each of these three things must match your vB3 cookie variables so that the cookies can be shared between applications.

A common problem is for vb3 to be installed into a /forums directory while PhotoPost is installed in /gallery and the cookies cannot be shared. This is because vB is creating cookies in /forums and PhotoPost in /gallery and neither can access the others.

On PhotoPostDev.Com we use the PhotoPost config-inc.php settings:

$cookie_path = "/";
$cookie_domain = "";
$cookieprefix="bb";

and in the vB3 Admin Options under Cookies and HTTP Header Options:

Path to Save Cookies: /
Cookie Domain: <blank>

PhotoPost says I am logged in, but when I go back to the main page I am not logged in.

vB3 saves your password using your License Number as a key for encryption. If your license number is incorrectly set, then your cookies will not be properly created.

To find your vB3 license number, look at the top of your index.php file for vB3. The fourth line will look like:

|| # vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3 - Licence Number XXXXXXXX

The XXXXXXXX is your license number and should be entered in your config-inc.php as:

$vblicense = "XXXXXXXX";

I upgraded from vB2 to vB3 and now my users cannot login.

If you were running on vB2 and have upgraded to vB3, you have to tell PhotoPost you are using the new user system. Don created a handy conversion utility to help you with the process.

I cannot get my vB3 headers to work.

PhotoPost includes a file called header-inc.php which is used to integrate your vB headers. There is a new section for users of vB3.

If you upgraded from vB2, you will need to comment out the vB2 section and the uncomment the vB3 section.

If you are doing a new install, then you would uncomment and modify the vB3 section.

There are a couple lines you will need to edit, the two path variables:

$vbpath
$pppath

Both of these variables are full server paths to your vB3 forums directory and PhotoPost directory.

There is also a stylesheet variable just below that which needs to be editted.

My headers show up, but the images are all showing as Red X's

This is because vB uses relative paths for your images. You will need to update your vB3 header to use absolute paths.

Using your Style Manager edit your header template, find:

a href="/$vboptions[forumhome].php

and for each of the URL's used you will need to update your path. In this case my forums are installed in the root directory, so I added the / to the path. Simply prepend $vboptions[bburl]/ in front of every url relative link.

a href="$vboptions[bburl]/$vboptions[forumhome].php

You will need to update all your links to use the absolute paths as PhotoPost is not installed in the same directory as vB and so PhotoPost needs to know where to follow the links to.

Also, check your headinclude template:

var IMGDIR_MISC = "$stylevar[imgdir_misc]";

And either put a / in the path or change your vb configuration to point to /images.

Okay, I've done everything you say but still cannot login.

1) Check your database settings.
2) Double check your cookie and license settings.
3) If you want to see just what your cookies are doing, then logout from both vB and PhotoPost. Login to vB3 and using a Cookie Manager (I use Mozilla), look at the cookies created for your domain. Note the domain the cookie is using and the cookie values. Logout from vB3 and go to PhotoPost and login. Check your cookie values and note any differences between the two.

Having trouble getting css files to load when stored as files instead of inline!!!

Open global.php and find:

define('STYLEID', $style['styleid']);

Underneath add this

if ($vboptions['storecssasfile'])
{
$style['css'] = str_replace('clientscript', "$vboptions[bburl]/clientscript", $style['css']);
}

Please do not post your questions/issues in this thread - this is just for informational purposes and will be updated accordingly; replies to this thread may be deleted.

Last edited by Chuck S; October 13th, 2004 at 10:42 AM.
Michael P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:36 AM   #2
bitg

Re: vB3 RC Integration FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael P
If you are doing a new install, then you would uncomment and modify the vB3 section.

There are a couple lines you will need to edit, the two path variables:

$vbpath
$pppath

Both of these variables are full server paths to your vB3 forums directory and PhotoPost directory.
OK, I have a new install of pp and a vb3 RC4 messageboard. I uncommented out the vB3 section only and modified the $vbpath and $pppath lines to the correct path. My message board is in the root directory and the pp is in the /pp directory so my paths look like this

Quote:
$vbpath ="/home/user/www"; // changeme
$pppath ="/home/user/www/pp"; // changeme
What do you mean by

Quote:
There is also a stylesheet variable just below that which needs to be editted
Mine looks like this

Quote:
<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"/pp/stylesheets/darkblue-borders.css\" type=\"text/css\" />
The vB3 header shows up just fine when I use this and the images come in fine, but it will not bring in the styles that exist in my vB3. The background color is white and the IE browser displays an error.

Ideas?
bitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:41 PM   #3
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

paths

you need to set that to the server paths to the forum and photopost

stylesheets

You need to make sure that is the relative path to photopost?

Is yours called gallery?

ex http://www.domain.com/photopost/stylesheet
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #4
bitg

OK, I got the style thing worked out. It is looking pretty good. However, the "Select a Style" optiopn that shows up at the bottom of my forums also shows up at the bottom of the pp page. I know that you cannot use this feature on pp. Is there a way we can remove it??

In addition, the error message I attached to the previous post, is still happening.
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #5
bitg

OK, I got the error message worked out as well. Interdit from this sytem chatted with me for awhile and it turned out the that problem was in my "headerinclude" template. The lines that normally read:
Quote:
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js"></script>
<if condition="$vboptions['usepopups']"><script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js"></script></if>
Have to have a "/" in front of it. Since my forum is on the root directory, the / tells it to look for the client script directory starting from the root. The same will apply to any forum that is in any directory.

The correct way would be as follows:
Quote:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js"></script>
<if condition="$vboptions['usepopups']"><script type="text/javascript" src="/clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js"></script></if>
I think this was mentioned ealier, but I think they referring to making it an absolute url like
Quote:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js"></script>
<if condition="$vboptions['usepopups']"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/forum//clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js"></script></if>
This would work too. Thank you to everybody for trying to make this work for me. Especially Interdit for helping me solve this.
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #6
lmongello
Verified Customer

My logins were working fine, and now something is screwy (as users now have to login to the PP even if they are logged into vb).

All of my settings re: cookies are the same as they were before, (per Michael's FAQ) but all of a sudden it seemed to stop working correctly.

The databses are correct, licence number, etc. I didn't use any cookie prefix. In my vb options I used the .mydomain.com for the domain and "/" for the path.

Ugh.
lmongello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #7
Interdit
Verified Customer

Send a message via ICQ to Interdit Send a message via AIM to Interdit Send a message via MSN to Interdit Send a message via Yahoo to Interdit
Better to use on both side, cookie prefix "bb"

Francois
Interdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #8
lmongello
Verified Customer

I see where to put it in the PP options, but not sure where to do it in VB.

Also... I noticed earlier that (even though things seemed to be working OK), that I had my VB username in the license box and not the actual license number. I have since changed that after getting the number from the vb web site. Things still seem a little (lot) messed up.
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #9
Bryan Ex
Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally posted by lmongello
[b]I see where to put it in the PP options, but not sure where to do it in VB.
It's hard coded into the includes/config.php file for VB 3 - at the bottom of that file.
Bryan Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #10
LarryEitel
Verified Customer

Thanks to EXCELLENT tech support, I have intergrated vB3 into PP.... Except one thing.

While vB3 header and footer and navbar all seem to work, it seems like there is something up with my attempt to bring the vB3 style over. Check it out at www.OurTravelFriends.com. I have a new style group based on default style in vb.

In the header-inc.php file it mentions:
$vbheader = "$stylevar[htmldoctype]

Is there something I should do regarding this new style to allow for PP to access it?

Thanks!
LarryEitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #11
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Yep turn it on

In admin options

Use Forum Styles Integration? set to YES

I was still cookied from helping you yesterday so you should be set

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:22 PM   #12
lmongello
Verified Customer

Thumbs up

Hi there...

I have Photopost integrated with vb3.

Just realized that when you click on the Private Messge link in the vb3 header while in the galleries, it goes to:

http://www.mysite.com/photos/private.php instead of http://www.mysite.com/forums/private.php

Can someone please help out a relative newbie with instructions on how to fix this? Thanks!!!
Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:24 AM   #13
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Edit the VB Phrases in their admin section and search for priv_message_nav and edit that phrase to append a full url from relative

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #14
mcyates
Verified Customer

http://www.myfootballforum.com/photopost/index.php

I keep getting errors on the page and i do not know why???? Bottom left of the page where it says, page loaded but with errors.
mcyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM   #15
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Per the Integration FAQ here you need to edit the VB relative paths in the templates

header header include footer and navbar

For that particular error edit the vb header include template and update the relative path to the vb javascript