PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion General use discussion forum for PhotoPost products.

Old February 27th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #1
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Pre-Approving New User Registrations - PhotoPost Pro Only?

Hello Chuck

I have searched the board for an answer and coming out with a post I saw it was possible, but no instructions. As you know I have a new PhotoPost only website and I want to monitor the registrations coming in and be able to approve them before they are fully registered.

Can you advise on what I need to do to make this happen?

Successfully yours,

George Marsh
Marketing Wiz
MktgWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

George thats possible if you decide to add some sort of functionality into the program to do that which is my stock answer for anyone wanting to modify the program. So there is no function within the program to approve registrations in a standalone install.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #3
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Pre-Approving Registered Users

Hello Chuck

Here is my situation www.virginiaphotographer.net is for photographers to share their photos with other photographers. Naturally they will be telling people about the site etc (Non photographers) I want to make sure only those I feel are photographers are being registered.

It would be a simple process in the fact when some hits the register option that it simply states the registrations will be pre-approved by site owner and ask them for a studio website or something of where I can see some of their photography prior to letting them complete registration.

How much would something like this cost to implement?

Successfully yours,

George Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
George thats possible if you decide to add some sort of functionality into the program to do that which is my stock answer for anyone wanting to modify the program. So there is no function within the program to approve registrations in a standalone install.
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

I am not sure what the cost would be you can find coders at rentacoder.com or inquire on the mod forums if anyone has time to assist and what they would charge you.

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #5
MktgWiz
Verified Customer

Thumbs up Thanks to Rentacoder.com and Ahemed!

Hello Chuck

Just a follow-up I took your recommendation in getting assistance on this over at Rentacoder.com and when I searched on the best code writer for PhotoPost Ahmed Chafik (aChafik) and he accepted my project and was VERY reasonable and was awesome to work with. He was quick and very responsive and did everything I requested.

What Ahmed did for me is make it so I can approve all the new registrations. This is a site for photographers so I wanted to be able to make sure those registering were serious about photography. So he modified the registration form to add several fields and adding the ability to approve the registrations in my admin screen! Works like a charm!

Thanks Chuck for an awesome software program in PhotoPost Pro and for your recommendation and thanks to Ahemd for putting together the final pieces! http://www.virginiaphotographer.net

Successfully yours,

George Marsh
Marketing Wiz
http://www.MktgWiz.com

"You Never Get A Second Chance For A First Impression!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I am not sure what the cost would be you can find coders at rentacoder.com or inquire on the mod forums if anyone has time to assist and what they would charge you.
Old March 7th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #6
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

Your welcome have a good weekend.