PhotoPost Photo Gallery Sales PhotoPost Sales Toll Free Phone Number
Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST
  PhotoPost Photo Sharing Photo Gallery    Visualize community tm
| | | | | | | | |

Go Back   PhotoPost Community > General Forums > Before You Buy

Before You Buy Have questions about PhotoPost, ReviewPost and/or PhotoPost Classifieds before you buy?

Old October 18th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #1
QuaiD

Reviewpost PreSales

Hi,

Im looking to purchase Reviewpost but am a little unsure on a couple of things:

1>.Can the prices be set to rather than $?
2>.I would like to have the image and URL for each product as an affiliate link. In the screenshot there appears to be a "Find the lowest price" link How does this work? The only reference to affiliate in this forum is for the Review post link CJ link at the bottom of the pages.
3>. Is there any bulk add feature as I would like to upload datafeeds of products.

Thanks
Jez
QuaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #2
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

1) The current version doesn't have a currency indicator, so it would be changed in the templates.
2) Making the images link for an affiliate link would also require a change to the templates as the only link we have enabled is a generic one to dealtime.com which uses keywords generated from the product title.
3) There is a bulk add feature, but it may or may not handle the data feed you are talking about. It's more of a quick way to upload images of items that can then be edited to add descriptions/titles, etc.
Old October 18th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #3
QuaiD

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. A couple more if you dont mind

Is there a demo of the bulk add feature I could see? The Admin demo doesnt appear to have this feature.

When using reviewpost standalone, do/can users have to verify their email address before adding a review?

I read somewhere about a short URL feature for allowing bots to spider the site. Do you have an example of such a product level url?

Do you have any example of standalone sites? (They will help with anymore questions I have later)

Many Thanks
Jez

edit:spelling

Last edited by QuaiD; October 18th, 2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:29 AM   #4
somlor
Verified Customer

Custom links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P
1) The current version doesn't have a currency indicator, so it would be changed in the templates.
2) Making the images link for an affiliate link would also require a change to the templates as the only link we have enabled is a generic one to dealtime.com which uses keywords generated from the product title.
3) There is a bulk add feature, but it may or may not handle the data feed you are talking about. It's more of a quick way to upload images of items that can then be edited to add descriptions/titles, etc.
The ability for me to link product names and images to custom links is essential for me. How difficult would you estimate this mod woud be. Above you say that it would require a change to the templates. Does each product get it's own template, or would I just need to modify a single template?

Any help appreciated. FYI - I'm really surprised this isn't a feature already. I almost just purchased, completely assuming it would be.

Thanks!
somlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #5
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

No, there isn't a demo of that. It works similiar to the PhotoPost bulk add where you can upload all the images for a product into a directory and create entries for each photo (only one photo per product, though). It's not a comprehensive import producedure.

You can make it so people have to verify their emails, its an option.

It's not a short url feature, its a spider-friendly feature which uses slashes instead of script seperators. It works on most all Linux installations, but not all Windows.

I don't have any examples of a standalone version - there is one at http://www.photopsotdev.com which is intergated with vB3 and a modified version at http://www.viperalley.com/reviews/index.php which is intergrated with UBB.Threads.
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #6
QuaiD

Hi,

Thanks for the answers so far, one more if I may;

How many category levels can Reviewpost handle? As I would like to have Main category with sub categories of sub categories and then review (product)

Cheers
Jez
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #7
Michael P
PhotoPost Developer
Verified Customer

There is no limit to the number of cats and subcat levels.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #8
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

what exactly are you asking? which thing?

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #9
somlor
Verified Customer

I want to plug in my affiliate links for each of the products I put into the review board. I'm asking how hard it will be for me to modify ReviewPost so that the title and image of each product up for review has a custom link.
somlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #10
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer

What I am saying is this. The affiliate link is resellerratings.com search which you can turn on or off in the admin options.

If your trying todo some other vendor then you would need to alter the code in showproduct.php for the dealtime link.

I cant really comment further as I dont know exactly what your doing. Now you can specify extra fields for products that you can call affiliate link and then put in a url but like I said it all depends what your doing so you will figure out how your going to do it.

If you know what your doing with php code its relatively simple otherwise you stick with filling out an extra field each product upload as in the paragraph above

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote