View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Chuck S
Photopost Developer
Verified Customer
Steve you know at least what I am talking about since you meantion custom avatars since yes vb also states to set attachments and customavatar directories to 777 in there product.

To write a file to a server the directory must be writable. I am not a server tech so I can not tell you how to setup a LAMP server. I am telling you that if you want your server setup to allow files to be uploaded to a directory with 755 permissions rather than 777 you need to contact your web host.

I am just answering your question because having directories to 777 is a server requirement not software. I have done upgrades on peoples sites where they have things set to 755 and it works but that is because there host setup the server to work that way.

I will look around for some info on the net on server setups and post anything if I find it but the quickest answer on a server question would come from your specific host since they manage them.
Photopost Developer and Support Engineer

Please do not PM me for support or sales questions. Thank you for your understanding.