4. I have RP installed in /mydomain.com/reviewpost/ and my forums are in /mydomain.com/forums/. I am able to log in to my forums and then click into my RP successfully. I can log out of RP, then go back to my forums and I am also logged out of it. Likewise, I can log into my RP, then go to my forums and be successfully logged in already. At this point I feel like I am on the right track and it would appear my cookies are behaving as I would expect. Now, I want to give RP total integration with styles, VB header/footer, and so on.
OK THIS IS THE EASY
5. When I modify the header-inc.php file, I notice that this file seems to be designed for Photopost instead of ReviewPost. In two places it references "$pppath" instead of what I think should be "$RP_PATH" to match the config-inc.php file. Can anyone confirm this? This is the unaltered file that came with RP 282.
YES THIS IS THE PROPER FILE
6. One post in the forums suggests that line 57 of header-inc.php which states "chdir($pppath . "/");" should be edited to include the full path to RP. Can anyone confirm that the $pppath should be changed to $RP_PATH on that line, and/or that it should also include the full path.
DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PATHS IN HEADER-INC.PHP
7. Additionally, the FAQ for the VB3 integration in the PhotoPost Install Forum states "There is also a stylesheet variable just below that which needs to be edited." Can anyone elaborate on what exactly this is referring to? [look under the heading that states "I cannot get my vB3 headers to work."] Was he talking about an older version of the header-inc.php file?
YOU NEED TO ALTER THE VB TEMPLATES AND STYLE TO GET RID OF RELATIVE URL'S
8. On the VB3 side, I searched these forums all day long and found that everyone does things differently as far as editing paths go. However, the FAQ states that you only need to edit a couple lines in the "header" template and the "headinclude" template. Can someone please confirm this is the correct way to do things? Are there other templates not mentioned in the FAQ that also need to be edited?
HEADER HEADER-INC NAVBAR AND FOOTER TEMPLATES FOR VB
9. My final result is this. My RP appears to be integrated, using the same styelsheets, navbar, header and footer from VB3. However, the login/logout process is really messed up. While logged into both (shows my name in both VB3 and RP), I can hit logout on the VB3 navbar, and I get a RP screen which says "successful login" at which point takes me back to my RP page. VB3 still shows me as logged in, while RP shows me logged out. Obviously something went wrong...somewhere. I suspect there are more templates I need to edit in VB3.
COOKIE ISSUE PERIOD. IF YOU ARE ONLY LOGGED INTO ONE PRODUCT THEN THATS ALL IT CAN BE
WHAT IS YOUR SITE URL? AND TEST LOGIN?
Would it be possible to get a sticky for VB3 integration with ReviewPost inside the actual ReviewPost folder? I find it confusing that not only do you have to go to the PhotoPost forum to solve a ReviewPost issue, but the variables are incorrect for our product, making troubleshooting even more difficult.
THE INTEGRATION PROCESS IS THE SAME FOR REVIEWPOST AS FOR PHOTOPOST AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH VARIABLES.