ShutterAlley.Com - a different kind of PhotoPost site
An invitation-only website for amateur and professional photographers to share their work in a "member networked" friendly environment.
Based on PhotoPost PRO using the Internal system, but modified to include these features:
- category pages are replaced with recent photos for a category and subcategories - all navigation is done via dropdown menu with special effects.
- invitation system. all members have 15 invites, registration requires an invite code be sent via email, members have a status page to see who has accepted or not responded to their invites (can delete or resend). Accepted invites gives a member 2 additional invitation codes. Status page also lists last 20 members to accept their invites with links to their profiles.
- mature content rating system. non-members cannot see images marked as 'mature'; users can elect to turn "on" the mature filter in their profile to not see mature images.
- tagged items - photo page shows number of users who have tagged image as a 'favorite'
- uses image protection system to keep original images out of document root to control access; nonmembers can see thumbnails and medium images, but not originals.
- favorites tag in profile to show images a user has tagged as their favorites
- messaging system for members to inform them of users who add one of their photos as a favorite, when members accept their invitations or of new comments added to their images.
- messaging system includes ability to send other members private messages
- linkable who's online to member profiles
- who's online page with links to profile, last visit and location (admin sees ip address, referer and agent)
- show users who have 'tagged' an image as a favorite (uses AJAX)
- buddy list to track activity of your "buddies" (last photo uploaded, last comment posted, private messages on new comments or photos from buddy, links to profiles, last seen online, currently online indicator)
- avatars, user titles and signatures
- message board for members which allows for posting of messages on a forum-like page
- non-member invitation requests using captcha images for verification
Love te navbar and the member profile .... ;)
can you please share your category browser code.
your site is EXACTLY what i want to do with mine.
that is a awesome site.. i wish photopost came out of the box like that. :)
you have no idea how badly i want to do this.
I would expect much of the features stuff (except the menu) to wind up in PhotoPost since most of the changes were not difficult, just added to stuff that is already there.
Well, there isn't much to share, I don't think (not in that regard); you just comment out the call to catrow() and then modify the call to display_gallery to suit your needs. Turn off everything else.
One thing you can do is use the $childnav variable which works as usual, just not the drop down variety, but does give you the location with breadcrumbs.
I'm not saying the site was a snap to put together; obviously there is alot of code I had to write, but the index page itself is just the categories removed and replaced with the dropdown code and the call to display_gallery to provide a much later Recent Photos box.
Thanks for hints
I'd be glad to send you an invite if you are up to posting some of your photography. :)
(PM me your name and email if you are).
Oh, about SEO, by taking out the sorting aspect, I can reduce the number of calls to a single photo page. I added the rel nofollows to the X days link to keep them from trying to access those pages using the included sorting variable; I may even try to figure out a better way of doing that when I have time.
Next on my list, a much more robust RSS feeder (that can be shared) and a mobile interface to the gallery.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0