Upgraded Reviewpost from 3.2 to 5.2
I just ran the upgrade script for RP 3.2 to 5.2. The script seemed to work fine and the site is functional but there are some kind of configuration errors with the data path for images that I need to deal with.
However, when I access the adm-index.php screen, a lot of settings links on the left hand are missing. See the attached partial screen capture.
You can also see how the site looks by accessing this URL.
Any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks. -- Rik
PS: Using VB 4.1.4 with vbseo.
Main Index - TRAVEL.com ® Review
are there any issues I see none? Maybe you forgot to run the language phrases import. everything looks fine though now.
Please take a look at this URL on the site and scroll down. There appears to be a configuration problem as no photos are being displayed anywhere in RP (however, links to missing images show in the left column).
And, as per the attached screen capture in my previous message, there are only 3 admin options available -- none of which allow me to do anything substantial. I would have thought there would be a whole lot of options like Photopost.
I ran the upgrader without seeing any errors. I didn't see anything about "language phrases import." Is that a separate importer that I need to run?
Thanks. -- Rik
I would suspect you missed an upgrade or uploading a file cant say without looking at it. I can tell you I run our latest code and there are no issues.
Your missing image issue is your url in global options check all those. Its looking for your nothumb gif image and your url has no slash between your reviews directory and its subdirectory images.
Thanks for your reply.
As indicated above, I only had about 3 options in the left hand side of the admin programs. However, I edited the rp_settings file directly via mysql and was able to find 2 directory errors including the one you mentioned in the prior message and a double slash (//) in one of the paths. With those corrected, I'm able to access the entire admin section.
However, I'm still unable to display any of my own images on screen. I see them residing in the data directory (/home/www/html/subs/forums/reviews/data) within subdirectories named such as 12 or 13, etc. I'm sure the path to the data file is correct as I can cut and paste it to make a Unix command such as "cd /home/www/html/subs/forums/reviews/data" and it takes me there without error. I also temporarily chmod-ed the image files to 777 to see if it was a permissions problem.
Now, when I display a RP page, I see a "no thumbnail" designation where an image should display (that's progress). I've tried the admin database option to "Check for and create missing thumbnails." That runs and after a minute or so indicates that it is finished but without creating any thumbnails. Here is a sample URL.
If I can solve this last problem, it looks like everything will be in order.
Any further suggestions?
Thanks. -- Rik
ps: I'm using the latest 4.x version of vBulletin and only see 3.x options in the admin program. I didn't see a 4.x integration option. Is that fine?
Your reviewpost looks fine. However I cant say what would be up with images unless of course you ran an upgrade more than once that dealt with changing the file format. cant remember which one off the top of my head. However I am hard pressed to see any reviews with images. If you messed up your upgrade you should have at least have missing images not the no thumbs image which says there is no image.
My only suggestion would be to restore a backup of your database before you upgraded double check your version in the reviewpost settings table and run the appropriate upgrades and import language strings.
Looking at this product I can see your problem. You ran the 311 upgrade 4 times and you can only run the upgrade once so you have your userid on the file four times.
I looked at the mysql tables and couldn't find any table that seems to hold a list of the image file names. In comparision, I see in my Photopost db a pp_photos table. But I don't see any equivalent rp_photos table for RP.
Could you advise which table for RP stores that data. If so, I could manually make the changes since there isn't a whole lot of images.
Thanks. -- Rik
Oh your dealing with a years old non functional database you may have messed up long time ago. GOT IT.
Yeah you would need to hand edit the bigimage fields and there are 9 of them for every product ugh
Now lets say out of curiousity there might be something you can do that would save time however this would only help if you only uploaded one image to every product and you where the only uploader. it kind of looks like this is the case looking at your site so this may help.
However this is a very powerful query and I make no support of its actions try it at your risk so backup your products table.
UPDATE rp_products SET bigimage = REPLACE(bigimage, '1111','1');
That may bring things back into line for you. You run that in phpmyadmin.
Chuck: We've got it going again. Thanks. -- Rik
Yep figured that would help but being its a powerful query that can affect everything you always want to backup. ;)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0