RP 4.1: Where is the language gone?
It seems that the system how the language can be changed is different now. My old language files of RP 3.33 in the directory /languages are not recognized anymore.
In the ACP there is now in RP 4.1 a way to set it to a different language, but it displays still everything in English. I tried german/de/UTF-8.
Where do I have to put my old language file now?
Snoopy as the announcement states the language is in the database. You need to create a german language in admin it will essentially clone the english language. You can then set your language to german and then translate the strings to german in the language editor in admin
Just think about it: In admin ACP are now 101 pages to translate with 12 fields each. That means you expect us to translate totally new 1212 phrases and throw the translation work we have done in the past away?
You can not change the way how language files are working with these kind of consequences for your customers.
Do you want ReviewPost to die? We use a product we payed for and get treated this way?
I am sure I have missed here something. This can not be your intention.
Can you give me a hint where do I find the import script for my old language files?
Snoop there is no such script. There are no language file packs included in ReviewPost it is released with engish ony. If anything I opened up the abiity for users to create additional languages and share them.
I had to myself do all these strings by hand.
There should have been at least an option to run the language file like in the older versions. Or you offer a script to import it. But to make it ike: eat or die, is not the right way to do business IMHO.
I have serveral licences of RP, of CL and of PP. This is an absolute nightmare and should not happen at all!
Additionally, every field exist several times with the same translation, but you have to translate each field separately. Also the search string function does not work properly. Sometimes it only finds fields, if you enter only one word etc. pp.
You should definitely offer a sript for this!
If we dont release a software in anything other than english how would you expect this?
I have had lots of customers upgrade to classifieds which got this first and no one is disappointed with the new language system because it opens up a whole new realm of possiblities. If now in turn we did this to Photopost which supports multiple languages I could understand your point if we only translated the english language and dropped support of the other langiages. This is not the case at all!
Lets take vbulletin here they only release there language system in english. Hack authors make other languages but they are not part of the supported code. Any work etc is not supported by Jelsoft. That has always been our same policy. We can only support what we release. We do not directly support any alterations or additions to our code and at any time our software can change how things are done which is normal and any hack authors such as yourself would have to roll with those changes and change there modifications to comply with the new standards. Changing the language strings to the database is in the best interest of the application. I did all this by hand myself there are no import scripts. I translated the entire admin panel emails etc.
Now if you want to try and do what you need to do faster then delete your new language german in admin to get rid of all traces of it.
Try replicating phrases.php into a file called german.php
You will need to create a new language addition as noted in the top of the file say entry 2.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0