Pre-purchase questions about PhotoPost Classifieds
I have a very active Buy and Sell board at Mu-43.com that I am thinking about replacing with PP Classifieds. Here is my board: http://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Here are my questions:
1) Can I import iTrader feedback ratings into PP Classifieds?
2) Can I charge a different listing fee for one usergroup versus another?
3) Can I charge a flat fee per listing (eg $3 per listing) and give a separate option of a subscription (eg, $25/year)
4) If there are subscriptions, is there any way to charge a different yearly subscription fee for someone who posts a lot of listings (high volume, ie commercial vendors) vs someone who posts fewer listings (low volume, usually regular members)?
5) Does the classifieds search use or show up in the forum search? If not, can it be setup to allow very short (eg, two letter) search terms like my current forum does? People are searching very short terms like "M5".
Thank you. I am a very satisfied PhotoPost Pro and ReviewPost user.
1. There is no itrader import script that I have seen. We typically do not create importers for vb hacks/mods.
2. Fees to list are per category not usergroup. So you can have different listing fees for each category so if you have a category called cameras you could charge 2.00 to place an ad as an example and the next category say called Computers you could charge 5.00 to place an ad.
3 and 4. Yes Our subscriptions work kind of the same as vb. You can setup flat fees to post in a category for ads as noted above in number 2. You control over which groups have to pay or not through usergroup permissions. As far as subscriptions like vb you can charge a fee or many different fees to put a user into higher usergroups which may not have to pay the listing or have permissions to more categories etc etc. There are various different ways you can set things all depends on what your doing.
5. No. The forum is the forum and classifieds is the classifieds totally separate applications like photopost and reviewpost we use the forum header footer style. If you use our other applications and like them you should be familiar with how things work.
Thanks for answering those, Chuck. Couple more questions:
First: Can you limit the number of listings per month for subscribers according to their usergroups?
Second: I noticed that Rangefinderforums charges one price for a category for items under $100 and a different price for other items. Then they display the latest items from all categories mashed together on this page full of thumbnails: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...ndex.php?cat=1
I don't like that thumbnail index look but DO like the idea of all the latest listing from all catgories being shown together. Is there an option to show an index page of most recent listing from all categories in a format that looks like a list of threads (Ebay style, similar to my current Mu-43 Buy & Sell) rather than a grid of thumbnails? I find lines of text so much more readable than the grid.
Nothing special about the photo block they are electing to show 78 photos most sites show 4 or 8 anyway can not say about the pricing they could have altered how pricing works anyone can do that if they know how to work with php coding. That is the recent random or popular ad blocks you can turn on or off.
There category list where the ads are shown looks normal look down at the ad display.
Chuck, can you limit the number of listings per month for subscribers according to their usergroups?
There is a max number of ads allowed on the site as well as a number of free ads allowed before payment allowed to be set per usergroup.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.