PhotoPost Community

PhotoPost Community (http://www.photopost.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Enhanced Xenforo integration (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149283)

thomas1 February 28th, 2013 08:29 PM

Enhanced Xenforo integration

Hi Chuck,

given the latest news in the iB vs. Xenforo case I was wondering if there are any plans to offer enhanced PP, RP and PPClassifieds integration for Xenforo as well.

We have been using vBulletin since 2002 and PP, etc. for almost the same period of time, but looking at how things are evolving around vB5 we are quite determined to switch to XF, and I am sure we're not the only forum heading that way. Needless to say, we want to continue using PP.

In the light of these developments, I was hoping you consider diversifying and expanding your solutions for enhanced forum integration. It might be a wise business decision, too. ;)

Chuck S February 28th, 2013 08:56 PM

I am not sure what news your talking about.

At any rate when I wrote xenforo integration it is because someone gave me a copy to play with. I know at the time and if things are still the same I see no real easy way to call the header and footer of xenforo like vb does.

basically in vb you call a global file and you can then define the header and footer it really is that simple.

You will not find enhanced integration with any forum unless that can be done. So really is there that ability in xenforo as a product? You tell me I do not run that forum.

thomas1 February 28th, 2013 09:09 PM

Thanks for your reply, Chuck.

I am referring to the case being dismissed and XF development being resumed. While we are quite happy with vB4.2, vB5 is light years away from offering a viable forum solution to webmasters. I am sad to say that forum participation and activity on vB-related fora (vB itself, but also here and on vBSEO for instance) has sharply decreased, probably reflecting a trend. Hence my question.

We will experiment with the integration in the weeks to come. If you need access to a DB I shall be glad to help.

Chuck S February 28th, 2013 09:19 PM

well I just got done working with vb5 we support enhanced integration with that product as well just like every other vbulletin.

If you have a xenforo copy installed with photopost I can take a look if you send all the accesses needed. Like stated any other forums have the ability to include a global file and call the header or footer from some variable then loading a forum header footer is easy unforunately I have not seen any products like that.

thomas1 February 28th, 2013 09:23 PM

I appreciate it. I'll set things up and contact you once it is done.

Thanks again.

Chuck S February 28th, 2013 09:25 PM

Not a problem. ;)

Chuck S March 2nd, 2013 03:23 PM

You can ask at xenforo also if they have such ability in there product to wrap there page header around say a custom PHP page your making using such a process as including a global file and some definable variable for header footer. That should tell you real quick if its possible.

Chuck S March 3rd, 2013 07:13 PM

Let me know asap so if there is a way to do it we can add any changes into our latest betas before I close them out. I have not seen anything info yet on this.

Chuck S March 5th, 2013 03:34 PM

Any update on this as its been a week and I have not heard anything. I have another user who was asking about this too maybe I will see if he has an active site up. I also asked hm the same to ask xenforo if there script had the ability to include some global file and print there header and footer.

thomas1 March 6th, 2013 03:52 AM

It's just been five days, and I haven't had time yet to set up my test site. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for your efforts, Chuck, I hope there's a growing market. :)

Chuck S March 6th, 2013 08:53 AM

I will ask the other guy trying to see about this before I release the final products. ;)

jörgk March 7th, 2013 03:25 PM

hello, i hope you find a way for a complete solution.

i have switched all my boards from vb to xenforo. if i see, that your solution works, then i buy 7 gallerys here.

sorry for my badd english.

Chuck S March 7th, 2013 04:15 PM

We support any of our integrations as we note on our site. If things are possible to enhance something we can as time permits if not then we can not. We currrently support xenforo as noted user login and css integration.

Chuck S March 21st, 2013 02:26 PM

A community photo gallery - Omegatron Gallery

Full Enhanced Integration with Xenforo will be released in the new couple of days.

Chuck S March 22nd, 2013 02:50 PM

Now that I have the gallery done its time to write it up for Classifieds ;)

0ptima March 26th, 2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1307341)
A community photo gallery - Omegatron Gallery

Full Enhanced Integration with Xenforo will be released in the new couple of days.

This looks good! You should sell this at xenforo.com directly as they accept paid addons.

Resources | XenForo Community

Chuck S March 26th, 2013 09:56 PM

There is nothing to sell here it is a feature of our software just like we integrate with vbulletin. It is a selling point for us and both xenforo to integrate. ;)

Let's face it vb5 is gonna be a big flop I wrote up that integration as well and I can tell you I definately will not be using vb5 ever.

I think your going to see huge flock of customers leaving vbulletin forums soon as vb5 becomes final.

I am just preparing for such a thing because a huge portion of our community uses vbulletin I am making darn sure they have an alternative should they decide to switch forums.

0ptima March 26th, 2013 10:17 PM

I still think it would be a good idea to sell photopost as a XenForo addon from XenForo.com as it will get you a lot of exposure (There are 81 logged in members as I type this). You could probably also have it setup so all support would be done as normal on the photopost site.

Might also be a good idea to convert these forums to Xenforo eventually and email all your customers about this new integration.

thomas1 March 26th, 2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1307541)
Let's face it vb5 is gonna be a big flop I wrote up that integration as well and I can tell you I definately will not be using vb5 ever. I think your going to see huge flock of customers leaving vbulletin forums soon as vb5 becomes final.

Which is exactly why I started this thread over three weeks ago. We'll be moving our fora from vB to XF, but want to keep PP, RP and PP Classifieds. Thanks to Chuck's efforts this has become a viable option now. :)

Chuck S March 26th, 2013 10:56 PM

Optima

Photopost is not a mod or hack. It is a full featured application much like the forums your talking about. I can not list it in the xenforo mods area as it is not really a xenforo mod.

As far as xenforo and photopost we are both sure to be announcing this new integration and capitalize on it.