PhotoPost Community

PhotoPost Community (http://www.photopost.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photopost Pro Import Scripts (http://www.photopost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Photopost vbGallery to Photopost Pro Import Script (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133564)

Chuck S September 29th, 2007 05:04 PM

Photopost vbGallery to Photopost Pro Import Script
 
1 Attachment(s)
***PROVIDED AS IS NO SUPPORT ***

Import Instructions for vBGallery import.

1. Upload the two files to your photopost directory and CHMOD vbag.cnf.php to 777

2. Run the importer through your web browser and fill in all required info and paths for both programs

3. The importer will cycle through in steps each process.

4. After Import cleanup work needed.

a. In Admin => Edit Categories view the cats list and hit save. Scan down each parent in sortcats and hit save. This reinitializes the children count to show children of parent cats. Very Important. Any cat that is clickable meaning it has children click the cat to see the child list and hit save.

b. Under Scan Database recheck and build post number and check for children.

c. Make sure to set any usergroup and categories permissions you see fit.

d. Set your medium size threshold in Upload Options and under Scan Database rebuild your medium images.

KW802 November 1st, 2007 05:32 PM

Looks like one more tweak will be needed, if possible. Just did an import from vBGallery 2.1 to PP 6 and only the 'medium' images were imported.

In the vBGallery table to PP table mapping it should use "originalname", "originalfilesize", "originalwidth", "originalheight" for the values of "bigname", "filesize", "width", & "height" when "originalname" is not empty and then "filename", "filesize", "width", & "height" mapped to {medium file location}, "medsize", "medwidth", & "medheight" accordingly. If "originalname" is empty then the current mappings work as-is.

That may present a problem though since vBGallery appends the suffix "_original" to the end of the 'bigimage' name (eg: "abc.jpg" turns into "abc_original.jpg" and "abc.jpg" is the new medium image).

Chuck S November 1st, 2007 05:48 PM

well actually we do not import the medium pic it is the resized pic. The original pic is an option not all people use. You can turn that off in vbgallery so we never really supported that optional thing when we wrote this years ago.

Now if I ever get time I will look into that or how we could support that optional pic format.

KW802 November 1st, 2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1209383)
well actually we do not import the medium pic it is the resized pic. The original pic is an option not all people use. You can turn that off in vbgallery so we never really supported that optional thing when we wrote this years ago.

Now if I ever get time I will look into that or how we could support that optional pic format.

You obviously consider it to be unimportant but it means that many other people, just not myself, will be unable to convert because of the missing original images. :o

At least for me it would mean losing thousands of images (2,171 to be precise). Looks like no conversion for me at this time.

StuartDH November 11th, 2007 01:11 PM

We're getting mixed up photos in the new PP6 gallery if images have the same/similar jpg names in the vbgallery, even though they were in different folders for different members

Here's an original image from vbgallery

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/ga...imageuser=4218 by 'Wilf'

In PP6 it's showing as:

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/pi...hp?photo=22453

but the above pic belongs to the 'Duke of York' and shows correctly for both old and new galleries:

vbgallery - http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/ga...searchid=87280
pp6 - http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/pi...94/ppuser/4090

The vbgallery files were

http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/ga...tamuscaria.jpg
http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/ga...tamuscaria.jpg

So different everything, except for the same jpg filename

It's affected hundreds of images in the new PP6 which we've now had running for a few days and thought we'd finalised everything so members have been uploading to it.

Stuart

Chuck S November 11th, 2007 03:14 PM

That would be a bug in vbgallery then in my opinion or at the very least a SEVERE limitation in that specific software. Remember on import we are simply moving the data to Photopost. Inputting photos and files are two separate actions. We fill our photos table with their photo info and then on the file import try and import the filenames that have been imported into our photos table.

See in Photopost we do not allow images with the same name EVER so on upload we change filenames. This is to prevent mix ups as you are seeing if you move an image to another category that has an image with the same name it would be possible to overwrite some other image. Therefore this is why on our upload we do our $imgchk routine on upload or edit of a photo.

Honestly I dont know offhand how to overcome that limitation in vbgallery since the import does not use the upload portion of our program which corrects imagenames. I bet this issue affects any image in the members gallery because images are in one category.

If I get some time I will look and see if there is anything I can do to overcome that vbgallery bug.

Chuck S November 12th, 2007 10:49 AM

Kevin

This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.

KW802 November 12th, 2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1210182)
Kevin

This now supports the originalfile if it exists we import that file. Actually was quite easy bout 10 mins to do. vbGallery stores the originalname as you instructed so no need for fancy coding. All we need to do is a couple if switches when we import the photos.

Excellent! :cool: If that works as expected then it means I can free up a vBulletin license and use the new PP 6 'mini-forum' features for the site I have in mind. I'll be testing it out this week (as soon as time allows).

KW802 November 12th, 2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1210123)
See in Photopost we do not allow images with the same name EVER so on upload we change filenames. This is to prevent mix ups as you are seeing if you move an image to another category that has an image with the same name it would be possible to overwrite some other image.

FYI for the 'vBGallery' mindset... the files are always stored in the user folder (though there are times I wish we had the option of using the category ID structure instead for permissions flexibility but... ) and if the same file name already existed within the user folder then the new files do get renamed (I think just a "_"+seq at the end of the file before the extension) but there was never a need to check across folders because files from two different users would never be in the same folder.

Chuck S November 12th, 2007 12:04 PM

Yeah not really a bug but a severe limitation IMO to vbgallery. If vbGallery does rename files i dont see it.

The originalname was easy though since their are separate fields for thumbnail filename originalfilename it was easy no fancy coding to rename files or anything.

KW802 November 12th, 2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1210186)
Yeah not really a bug but a severe limitation IMO to vbgallery. If vbGallery does rename files i dont see it.

It's in the fetch_image_info function... I just looked at the code; I thought it did a sequence number but it looks like it just does a random number instead.

Chuck S November 12th, 2007 01:35 PM

well if it worked then and actually updated the filename and file on disk like we do when uploading a photon in photopost pro. I dont think we would see the issue Stuart is reporting. So we shall see.

KW802 November 12th, 2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartDH (Post 1210119)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW802 (Post 1210185)
... if the same file name already existed within the user folder then the new files do get renamed ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 1210200)
well if it worked then and actually updated the filename and file on disk like we do when uploading a photon in photopost pro. I dont think we would see the issue Stuart is reporting. So we shall see.

Stuart's example has the same named file but in two different user folders hence they were not renamed by vBGallery as part of the upload process. ;)

Chuck S November 12th, 2007 02:19 PM

Correct which is the limitation and is incompatible with the photopost file structure as we have already seen.

Zachariah November 14th, 2007 01:16 PM

vbag.php?action=import_files

It would be nice to have this operation broken up.

I am working on a site w/ 88K images or so and after a while the script will prompt me to start downloading the php file.

blkatt November 18th, 2007 08:28 AM

Any progress yet? Just checking. Thanks.

Chuck S November 18th, 2007 12:06 PM

progress on what? The importer works as it is designed to work.

blkatt November 19th, 2007 01:51 PM

Working as it should? Its sounds like we're talking two different things here. I have yet to get any images to show on my end. I've tried several times but it appears futile.

Well, let me correct that- I'm showing thumbnails with no images as well as pics with broken links - but pic comments do show. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

KW802 November 19th, 2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkatt (Post 1210641)
Working as it should? Its sounds like we're talking two different things here. I have yet to get any images to show on my end. I've tried several times but it appears futile.

Well, let me correct that- I'm showing thumbnails with no images as well as pics with broken links - but pic comments do show. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

Did you download a recent copy of the import script? There was an issue with the original release that has been fixed and Chuck has refreshed the attachment in the first post.

blkatt November 19th, 2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW802 (Post 1210643)
Did you download a recent copy of the import script? There was an issue with the original release that has been fixed and Chuck has refreshed the attachment in the first post.

Oh ok, I'll give it a try later. Thanks - I didn't know that. I'm crossing my fingers it works.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.