||August 24th, 2005 12:32 PM
Reviewpost 3.0 Released!
This is the biggest upgrade of ReviewPost since we released the first PHP version. Virtually all of the code in the product has been gone over and improved - resulting in a faster, leaner and better integrated ReviewPost!
Everyone who uses ReviewPost will benefit - from the small sites to the large, integrated with forums or standalone, there is something in here for everyone. Check out the new features and you'll see that once again ReviewPost raises the bar on features and integration far above any competitive software. The code includes all the new security features revealed from our full Photopost security audits plus the new features below.
New Features for Reviewpost 3.0
- Added Category Subscriptions.
- Added Enhanced Member Profile page to show stats and manage Notifications
- Added Members List to show products,views and reviews by member.
- Added showcat switch in admin to turn off new category avatar.
- Added last product thumbnail to showcat script ( selectable on or off in admin showcat options ).
- Added 7 new forum integrations ( fusionbb,ikonboard,mambo,mybb,wowbb,e107 and xmbforums).
- Category Avatars added to show on index page ( selectable in admin index options ).
- Added links on showproduct to tag or untag category avatar's.
- Added thumbnail to the showcat script for a more professional layout.
- Moved 14 different config settings into database settings table from the config file
- Added admin switch whether or not to show products in featured blocks that do not contain images.
- Anti-leeching code added to block right-click download and disable IE toolbar
- Reorganized Admin section and links for easier configuration
- Moved Global extra fields into categories table which allow for extra fields to differ for each category
- Moved moderation into usergroup permissions to allow for setting per usergroup.
- Added Upload Product limit per day in usergroup permissions
- Added new zipcode sort into sort table
- Added new template type system in Admin like classifieds has to enable easier template creation and selection.
- Upload Product page uses new template selection system to allow for more direct control over multi-template systems.
- Added 3 new image fields per product for a total of 6 images allowed per product.
- New improved install script
- Added Zipcode feature from Photopost Classifieds into Reviewpost 3.0
- Images awaiting approval will display "pending approval" thumbnail in category to indicate their thumbnail is there, just waiting approval
- Improved consolidated language strings for easier comprehension ($docstyle and $contentmeta moved to language file).
- Admin script consolidation with the integration of 15 Admin scripts into one.
- Improved switches for turning off the Last Product Uploaded/Last Review Posted columns which place the new posts icon in the same box as the number of products/reviews.
- New automatic Template directory switch to select normal or Vb3 templates.
- vB3enhanced users can create separate sets of templates based on the styleid.
- Added Quick Reply box to showproduct page.
- Added Header,Footer and Headtags Editor in Admin section for ease of editing these for easy of editing.
- Added admin switch to turn new quick comments box on or off.
- Added Global Currency selection in admin
- Added ability to write an HTACCESS file to the data directory in Admin
- If dealtime link is set to yes added switch to specify which price search to use. (Includes engines are Resellerratings,Amazon,Bizrate,Nextag,Pricescan,Dealtime,Pricerunner and Dealnews)
- Moderator assignments by category( Mods can approve products, edit,move and delete products and edit reviews )
- New config-intr.php file instead of config-int.php to preven variable conflicts when users own more than one of our products with vb3 and use the included blocks on vb3 page
- New Reviews Product Block for Vb3 Forum HomePage
- New Reviews Category Block for Vb3 Forum HomePage
- Members profile page linked to from username on Index page lastpost and lastproduct links.
- Sticky Post indicator added on showcat for sticky products
- Various XHTML fixes to ensure validation.
- Password variable removed from URLs and set by cookie
- configurable index paging
- PHP Max Upload Setting added so uploads can be checked and appropriate error message be given should a file be uploaded higher than php allows.
- ALL templates files commented with there names for easier ability to understand and edit
- Added 12 new thumbnail templates for various style variations.
- Language File Editor added to Administration Section.
- Added multiple avatar type support for SMF.
- Added multiple avatar type support and signatures for Invisionboard 2.
||August 24th, 2005 02:05 PM
Great work, Chuck and RP Team...
These sounds like great features.
||August 24th, 2005 02:11 PM
Hi Chuck and Michael,
Thanks for your attention and work in continuing to develop ReviewPost...
Does the new version of ReviewPost include an included thumbnail integration with Vbulletin 3.x? So, does this mean that we would not need a version of thumbnail includer to include Review thumbnails and data on hour VB3 homepage?
||August 24th, 2005 02:47 PM
As stated in the features yes it includes a reviews block
||August 24th, 2005 07:28 PM
This is the news i've been waiting patiently on the side lines to hear for many months.
Fantastic news. :D
Just a quicky while here though... It is still vb3.0.X friendly and not just for 3.5.0 right, although i'm pretty sure it is? :)
||August 24th, 2005 07:34 PM
Yes works with both
||August 24th, 2005 11:17 PM
This sounds like good news!
||August 26th, 2005 03:15 PM
sweet! cant wait to upgrade!
||August 26th, 2005 10:05 PM
Fresh installation for a client with vB3 integration and cannot get into the admin section.
All parameters asked for during the installation process are correct 100% (same result after 3 tries).
I installed the latest photopost and classifieds with vB3 integration as well today w/o any problems.
Has anyone had any luck doing a fresh install with vB3 integration?
||August 26th, 2005 10:27 PM
Please keep installation issues in a new thread. This is an announcement thread.
I run VB3 and it works fine. If you start a new thread I can tell ya how to double check your cookies and vb license as cookie issues is what this is ;)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.