PhotoPost Community

PhotoPost Community (http://www.photopost.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   adding text at top of page (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110759)

susanreno December 5th, 2004 11:25 PM

adding text at top of page

Not familiar with php and would like to put some text in the blank space between the "home, search, login" bar and where the actual photos begin.

Is there a way to do this? :confused:

Susan

Chuck S December 6th, 2004 08:31 AM

at the bottom of the menubar template after the closing $ppclose

add

<br />
TEXT HERE
<br />

susanreno December 6th, 2004 10:58 AM

almost there

thanks so much. Tried that and almost what I want but after playing with templates like the look when the text I want is on the "searchbox.tmpl"
just can not seem to get it to center at the very bottom of the box instead of mushing the search box over.

Any suggestions?

Susan

close but not quite there

Chuck S December 6th, 2004 11:56 AM

As always it all depends what your trying to do and where. With your comment above where exactly are you trying to place it under the searchbox?

edit the searchbox and place the text where you want.

susanreno December 6th, 2004 12:21 PM

actual text

This is the text I want to place in the searchbox.tmpl

Now See Your Favorite Pictures Either By Category or By Video Title<br />Some photos may appear in more than 1 category but have tried to keep this at a minimum yet show your favorites by specific categories for you.

One side of the searchbox shows the Welcome.... the other side (right is the search box (right) and under that is the "Recent Photos: 1 day 7 days 14 days all"

I would ultimately like to make this box a couple lines bigger with the text I want showing on bottom 2 new lines centered

Chuck S December 6th, 2004 12:33 PM

Probally the best way to display it without distorting the whole thing would be to add an extra table row in the index.tmpl

so right above $ppclose in that template add this

<tr>
<td colspan="5" align="center" class="{$Style['menubar']}">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">Now See Your Favorite Pictures Either By Category or By Video Title<br />Some photos may appear in more than 1 category but have tried to keep this at a minimum yet show your favorites by specific categories for you.
</span>
</td>
</tr>

susanreno December 6th, 2004 01:00 PM

Think I made a mess

Phot gallery does don't shrink down to size like it did...was trying to add an additional line between the script you sent and messed something up right above it, guess I deleted something I shouldn't have.

This is the current stuff on the seachbox.tmpl.
Any idea where the error is?

<?php
echo<<<PPPRINT
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="right">
<input type="text" name="si" style="font-size: 8pt;" size="15" value="$si" />
<input type="image" align="bottom" src="{$Globals['idir']}/go.gif" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="6" align="right" class="{$Style['menubarnb']}">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">{$Globals['pp_lang']['recent']}: <a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=last1&amp;forcat=$cat">{$Globals['pp_lang']['lastday']}</a>
&nbsp;<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=last7&amp;forcat=$cat">{$Globals['pp_lang']['last7']}</a>
&nbsp;<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=last14&amp;forcat=$cat">{$Globals['pp_lang']['last14']}</a>
&nbsp;<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=all&amp;forcat=$cat">{$Globals['pp_lang']['allimages']}</a>
</span>

</table>
<tr>
<td colspan="5" align="left" class="{$Style['menubar']}">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">Now See Your Favorite Pictures Either By Category or By Video Title<br />Some photos may appear in more than 1 category but have tried to keep this at a minimum yet show all your favorites by the specific categories for you.
</span>
</td>
</tr>

$ppclose<br />
PPPRINT;

?>

Chuck S December 6th, 2004 05:22 PM

The stuff I said above gets entered in the indexhead.tmpl like I stated not searchbox.tmpl as that long of a text entry would totally distort the searchbox.

In the template above delete this

<tr>
<td colspan="5" align="left" class="{$Style['menubar']}">
<span class="{$Style['small']}">Now See Your Favorite Pictures Either By Category or By Video Title<br />Some photos may appear in more than 1 category but have tried to keep this at a minimum yet show all your favorites by the specific categories for you.
</span>
</td>
</tr>

$ppclose<br />

susanreno December 6th, 2004 06:12 PM

already placed in searchbox

Already put it in the serchbox.tmpl and it looks great!

And size it was before, can be seen on link I sent to private email with user and pass, just that the actual table of picks the galleries or catagories table is to wide and that's why I think I may have deleted some of the script by mistake.

Susan

susanreno December 6th, 2004 06:33 PM

I Got It!!!!!

I finially have it how I want and could never have done it with you. The tech support and feedback are awesome here and will be delighted to tell everyone how terrific I feel your software and support are