PhotoPost Community

PhotoPost Community (http://www.photopost.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.photopost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Is it possibe to make the recent photo not to display some categories? (http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109810)

drache September 2nd, 2004 08:25 PM

Is it possibe to make the recent photo not to display some categories?

I have few category doesn't want it to go into the recent photo thumb. So people must go into that category to see what's new. is it possible to make it like that? if no please remember this option for next update it's important. if it can be set please teach me how. i've been looking for all the options there and still couldn't find it. thanks :)

donb September 3rd, 2004 05:53 PM

Not without hacking into the code.

drache September 5th, 2004 03:49 AM

Where can i find the hack to hack it? I thought this suppose to be most common option. How come this option doesn't come with Photopost? and will the later version have it? I am sure alot cusome want this option too.

I've notice photopost missed 2 most important options.
1. display oldest photo
2. make some category don't appear in most recent photo thumbs.

Chuck S September 5th, 2004 09:42 AM

Well I dont know about anyone wanting oldest photo

As Don stated you can hack it

For the recent photos Photopost has a little known switch called $exclude_cat that Michael has never capitalized on.

Find this

switch ($q_switch) {

Add below that this

$exclude_cat="AND cat != '500,501,502'";

Now replace the 500 501 etc with the cats you want. Just make sure between the cats there is a comma

Razgo September 5th, 2004 04:48 PM

i just tried it and got a parse error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_CASE or T_DEFAULT or '}' in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 488

Chuck S September 5th, 2004 08:14 PM

well there is nothing wrong with the line I posted

However it is suppose to go above the q_switch not below. Typo on my part

If your getting a parse error check to make sure you have entered the cats correctly and not altered the syntax of what I posted

Razgo September 5th, 2004 08:59 PM

moving it to the line above fixed that problem. however it is a little confiusing how cats work. the cat i wanted shown was 513 which when checked in the folder does have all the pics i wanted shown. but choosing to show cat 513 does not show any pics in that cat. but if i choose cat 502 it does show the correct pics. the funny thing is i don't have a cat "502". so i must be misunderstanding how this works.

drache September 10th, 2004 01:06 PM

Razgo, you just type the cat number that you doesn't want to show. not you wanted to show. if you don't want it to show cat 513 then you type in 513.

Also Omegatron i have 1 more question. how about most popular and random image. how do i make it not to show some cat? Could you please tell me the code to edit it as well? thanks.

OH also the Last 10 comments as well if possible. Thanks.

drache September 10th, 2004 11:15 PM

also 1 more bug. i make it doesn't display some cats it seem to work fine. but when i wake up it display some of the cat again. this is very weired. how do i fix it.

drache September 13th, 2004 10:05 AM

Hello? any help? Still waiting for an answer. I think this option is very important and i'd like to try to fix it.

donb September 13th, 2004 10:10 AM

Again, this is a hack and not an officially supported item. This is a modification to your code, and not part of the package.

drache September 13th, 2004 11:44 AM

I see. hope to see this option come in next version. Becoz it's very important for big gallery when you don't want to show some category in the recent photos.

Michael P September 13th, 2004 02:11 PM

Saying it is one thing - making it a user friendly option may be a challange.

drache October 27th, 2004 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael P
Saying it is one thing - making it a user friendly option may be a challange.

Yes it takes time to improve.

Few more questions.

Is
Code:

Content visible to verified customers only.
right?

or

Code:

right?

tho 1 of the coder say put it here
Code:

Which one is right? where should i put it? :( i know this is a hack question but i really need this option and i do think it should come by default.

Chuck S October 27th, 2004 08:06 AM

You can define $exclude_cat anywhere outside of a function for it to be used anywhere that variable is in or if you just want to use it with the thumbnail blocks you can place it within the function display_gallery

personally I would find this line

$catquery = ""; $cattype = "c";

and place underneath

$exclude_cat="AND cat != '500,501,502'";

drache October 27th, 2004 11:27 AM

IT works good. but something is wrong $exclude_cat="AND cat != '500,501,502'"; it seems only works with the first cat you enter 500, the rest of the cat it's still showing. in latest photos on index.

Michael P October 27th, 2004 12:18 PM

Try,

$exclude_cat="AND cat NOT IN (500,501,502)";

I'm locking this down since this thread doesn't belong here (as indicated above).