upgrade from 4.7j to 4.8c - how exactly?
I just saw this information in another thread:
VERSION UPDATE: 4.8c
Minor updates to a few files to resolve all issues reported to date:
upgrades/upgrade47.php has been changed and can be uploaded to your PhotoPost main directory and run (ignore any duplicate errors) and then removed.
I just want to make sure that I am not screwing something:
1. I would make a backup of the db
2. I simply ftp the new files mentioned above over the old ones
3. I would run the http://www.mysite/photopostdirectory.../upgrade47.php in my browser
Is this correct or did I oversee something?
If I have beside my 4.7j version also an older one (4.5 or so), would I then ftp in step 2 just all 4.8c files of a full installation over the old ones?
When upgrading from one full version (4.7) to another (4.8) you need to follow the upgrade directions in the upgrades directory.
0) Download and unzip the latest build from the Members Area.
1) Check for new config-inc.php variables, some recent additions are:
$cookie_domain has been added for website cookies. I highly recommend setting this to ".youdomain.com" where yourdomain is the name of your domain. This will enable cookies to be read across your website regardless of the URL (i.e. galley.website.com and forums.website.com). If you are using a forum integration you must have this set in both your forums and photopost.
$vblicense is for VB3 users and is required to encrypt your passwords. Without it you will not be able to login to VB3.
2) Upload all files - except config-inc.php, unless you modified it from the ZIP file - to
your server. You do not need install.php for an upgrade.
3) Depending on which upgrades you need, you should upload all these files to the MAIN PHOTOPOST DIRECTORY (or, for advanced user,
upload only those scripts you need to execute).
4) Run upgrade.php and depending on your version, run any necessary upgrades.
5) When done with upgrades, remove the upgrade*.* files which you uploaded from this directory.
6) You are done!
o.k., I have done that. But If I am now tryinng to access the site, I just see a blank page.
... I made a fresh install and manually uploaded the files for the old 4.5 version
But with the upgrade from 4.7j to 4.8c is still an open question.
After the upgrade, I get the alert:
Preparing to reorganize admin options...
ALTER TABLE mydirectory_categories DROP INDEX lastphoto failed with error: Can't DROP 'lastphoto'. Check that column/key exists
ALTER TABLE mydirectory_categories DROP INDEX thumbnail failed with error: Can't DROP 'thumbnail'. Check that column/key exists
ALTER TABLE mydirectory_iponline DROP INDEX userid failed with error: Can't DROP 'userid'. Check that column/key exists
ALTER TABLE mydirectory_photos DROP INDEX approved failed with error: Can't DROP 'approved'. Check that column/key exists
ALTER TABLE mydirectory_photos DROP INDEX date failed with error: Can't DROP 'date'. Check that column/key exists
Done! You can now remove this file and check out your new Admin Options layout!
Is this the duplicate error you were refferring to ? ("ignore any duplicate errors")
That error would not cause photopost from working. That just drops some index's on some mysql tables that are no longer needed
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.