PhotoPost PRO 7.1 - Login Not Working
I have installed Photopost Pro 7.1 but the login isn't working. In the last step, I chose to use the vBulletin 4.1.5 CMS login system.
All the wrapping around the photopost, shows the vbulletins style.
When I'm at the photopost page and enter the login, it goes to vBulletin login and shows a screen that says, "Thank you for logging in, ips" which is what I would expect.
However, when it redirects back to the photopost, I'm not logged in. I can't upload any photos and get a warning that I have to be registerd and don't have permissions.
This works the same whether I login from a vBulletin side or the photopost side. Going to photopost, logs me out, for some reason.
When I'm logged into vBulletin, everything on that side works. I can navigate the pages and I remain logged in. But as soon as I go to the photopost page, I'm logged out. And if I return to vBulletin side, I'm now logged out there too.
I thought it might be a cookie thing, so I double-checked and everything is correct. vb is the vbulletin prefix and bb is the cookie prefix (defaults). Those are what is used in vBulletin and what was specified for photopost.
Also, I registered on the photopost side and it did register correctly on vbulletin. What is not working is the ability to go from vbulletin to the photopost side and remain logged in.
Any ideas why this isn't working?
The website is:
Jeeze Louise. I can't even post links to my site because of the 15 posts limitation. How the heck is someone supposed to get the first 15 problems resolved, if we can't even post a link?
Sure makes it hard to get tech support when you have to jump through a bazillion hoops to even be able to post, and can't even point to the web site that has something wrong with photopost.
I have been doing some further debugging and I have found.
1) If I go to the admin control panel, and log in as administrator, I can use the admin page functions. That page functions properly, if I login as admistrator.
2) The login fields at the top, still DO NOT reflect I'm logged in however, as it should. For instance, when I'm in vBulletin and see the login fields, if I login, the login fields dissappear and I see "Welcome ips". On the photopost pages, those fields are always present, and I see the "Login" button, as if I'm not logged in.
3) When logged in as admin, I can upload photos (it appears). I haven't tried that yet.
4) However, registered users are still never logged in, even though it says, "Thanks for loggin in, Mike Davis (for instance)". They cannot upload photos, and I have verified they have permissions to upload, using the admin screen. In fact, the default is "no" but I changed it to "yes" and they still can't upload.
There is just something that's making these photopost pages not see me as logged in. The real problem is the login is not working properly. Like I said above.
1) If I login in vBulletin and merely go to the photopost side and return, I'm logged out.
2) Registered users can't login or upload, in photopost
3) The login fields and Login button are always present. They should disappear, when logged in and show the "Welcome ips" (or whomever it is that logged in).
4) There are two parts of photopost. The album stuff and the admin stuff. The admin part seems to work ok. The album stuff does NOT work properly.
In the photopost faq thread view the sticky on how to set cookies this should help. Your vb license should also be set correct in the config not customer number
Looks like that did the trick. During the photopost install, it had the cookie path set to /forums/ which looked correct. When I change that to simply /, it began to work.
Yep you set your forums cookies to be only in the forum. ,)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0