Filesize incorrect after Edit Photo
This issue is only a minor annoyance. If it can't be fixed, it's no big deal, but just thought I would ask. Here's the sequence of events:
1. I installed Photopost Pro without specifying a Max allowable image width and height in pixels.
2. I had Trigger medium graphic height and width set to 600.
3. Users uploaded very large pictures (2000x1600, etc).
4. To save disk space and bandwidth, I subsequently set the max dimensions to 640x640, and the Trigger medium height and width to 0. The intention being that you would not be able to see a larger picture, and I would eliminate storing the photo twice by having a Medium version.
5. I used the Edit Photo option to re-upload the existing photos so that they would automatically resize to 640x480. It worked fine, I ended up with exactly what I expected - the Medium version of the photo was deleted, and the regular version was 640x480.
The problem is that the Filesize field in the database did not get updated.
Attachment 1757 Here's what it looked like before.
Attachment 1758 Here's what it looks like after.
Here's the true size of the file:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 apache michael 62699 Apr 1 09:13 interceptor_028.jpg
So, it looks like there's a minor bug when you do an Edit Photo. Will any of the Photopost database utilities recalculate the file sizes? Otherwise, I'm guessing the only way to correct it is to manually update the database. Definitely not worth the effort. :D
Like I said, it's only a minor annoyance, but just thought I'd see if I'm missing anything. Thanks!
If I replace a photo the filesize is updated this is the query right in image-inc.php
Hi Chuck, yes I am running version 5.3, and my image-inc.php does match the code you have above. But, as you saw from my examples above, it's not working as expected. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that I originally had "Medium images" turned on, and then when I replaced the photo, I had Medium images turned off. Let me do a bit more testing and I'll let you know what I find out. If you have any other ideas for me to check, let me know.
It would be interesting to see what you find as in my testing it updates accordingly
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0