PhotoPost Upgrade Problem - Need Help Restoring DB!
i finally got around to upgrading photopost this morning (4.8 > 5.21). after i ran the upgrade (all seemed to go well during the process), none of my thumbnails or images were showing up, so i ran a scandb. during this, it said 'could not find xxxx.jpg' for ALL of my images, and removed them all (even though there's still about 500mb worth of photos in my data directory)!
so i need to restore my photopost db from a backup. problem is, i have photopost in the same db as my vbulletin, sooo...
- can i do this restore in phpMyAdmin?
- what table(s) do i need to restore, and what chunks of my backup do i need to use?
- is that all i need to do? if not, what else?
thanks in advance for the help.
You just need to restore the photos table and rerun the upgrade.php script. Yes phpmyadmin restore will work
Make sure to only run the 485 step3 upgrade script ONCE
thanks chuck, another problem now..
i restored the photos table and started the upgrade process again. when i got to 50 step1, i got the following errors:
don't worry about duplicate errors
In your upgrade.php add this at top and run any missing upgrades
define( 'THIS_SCRIPT', "upgrade" );
$skip_exheader = "yes";
ok, i've done that.. i ran the 5.0x to 5.1 script and got the same results. i then ran the rest of the upgrades, which seemed to work (all i got were duplicate errors), but now when i go to my photopost index, the categories and everything look correct, but all the photos say 0, and below the categories, i have this:
Yep there is your issue
Result: Got error 124 from storage engine
Your out of site space.
1. Take care of that by deleting files or buy more space
2. run a repair on all database tables
3. then finish and run the upgrades on photopost needed
hi sorry for the delay.. just getting back to this.. i've done everything you said to do, but when i try to repair the db, it still wants to delete all the photos from my database, even though the photos are definitely in the physical locations that are referenced in the table...
any ideas? i'm still without a gallery. :(
Did you get more storage space?
repairing your database will not delete the photos. You need to make sure you get past the space issue then restore a known good backup of the photos table and run the needed upgrades. You should be fine after this. Only rebuilding thumbnails that are missing will drop photos from the photos table and this is because a step was ran more than once. Restoring the database and rerunning the upgrade steps once is the required action here.
ok, space was never an issue. i have plenty of space available, so i'm not sure where that error is coming from..
i have restored a good backup of the photos table.
which upgrade script do i need to start on now though? like i said, i was running 4.8, but the admin panel is now reporting that the version is in fact 5.21..
Well that is what your mysql was reporting space issue ;)
Okay well simply rerun every upgrade ONCE from 4.8 forward. Do not worry about any duplicate errors or such just go all way through one time. You will get duplicate mysql errors and you may get can not delete old file errors since you already ran the upgrade script before.
here's where i'm at now:
- i started running the upgrades from 4.8 on.
- when i hit the 50 step 1 upgrade, i got the same thing i listed in post #3 above. (again, with no option to continue upgrading.)
- i went back to the main upgrade menu, and selected 5.1 to 5.11.
- ran the final upgrades. everything ok, except a couple duplicate errors.
- now my main photopost page looks promising (better than before), but still reports 0 photos in every category (and 'last photo uploaded' = no photos).
- the recent comments block at the bottom shows the last 5 comments with tiny thumbnails, and 'photos' under 'statistics' reports the correct # of photos.
- when i go into a category, i see this message in the middle of the screen:
Here we go with this again
Result: Got error 124 from storage engine
Database handle: Resource id #62
Try running a repair on your mysql tables expecially photos
REPAIR TABLE Phpost_photos
After you get rid of this you can rebuild counts in admin to get the counts right
ok, i'm almost there...
- a google search confirmed that Got error 124 from storage engine is indeed NOT a space issue. i'm looking at this:
- i also rebuilt the table to myisam, and the photos and thumbnails remained in tact, with no error messages.
- all photo counts in all categories remain at 0. the correct number of photos is displayed in the stats, but that's it. i ran recalculate photos/posts numbers and check children a couple times, which returned the following:
EDIT: just ran the above for a 4th time, and the counts are back!! wow.. looks like we're all set (fingers crossed).. thanks again, chuck..
Yep your counts where 0 from the cache ;)
Once your cache time out was reached your page refreshed.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0