Photopost & Ikonboard - Group Permissions and other ?s
I have a bunch of questions, but lets start off a few of these while I continue to search the help forums.
I installed Photopost the other night and integrated it into IKONBoard 3.1.2a, Unix platform, MySQL, (clearing cookies with every change). I'm really playing in the sandbox before I make it live, but here are a few major issues I can't seem to resolve. I can send a demo account if needed.
1. Users can't edit their own photos unless the Group Members "Moderator (MOD)" setting is "YES". I don't want them to be moderators, but when I turn this off, members can't edit their own photos. When it's on, they get the Admin link, plus all the edit features.
2. Voting - I have enabled voting across the board for anyone, but nobody can vote unless they are registered AND the Mod setting is "yes". Again, I want anyone to vote, and members shouldn't be able to moderate.
3. Breadcrumbing (Home » Your Gallery ) - This doesn't work unless logged in? That's no good. I want anyone to be able to navigate efficiently.
4. When logged in as a normal user and clicking on "Profile", It says Profile for (blank)" , all the Profile settings are 0 and it doesn't show any of the photos the user has posted.
5. Is there documentation on the editing templates and which one does what? If you study them, you can figure it out, but there has to be an easier way.
6. I'm thinking some of these issues are because off IKONBoard and Group permissions. I've also learned that Photopost was designed to work with lots of forums, but the forums aren't really designed for Photopost. Example....to register, people are taken to the Ikonboard registration, but nowhere does it have links to photopost or the upload area (expected). I know I could add these links to Ikonboard templates, but just letting everyone know think before you integrate.
With this in mind, it there a way to switch back to Photopost registration and its own DB without reinstalling the entire thing?
I would think your group permissions might be because your using a newer version of Ikonboard we dont integrate with
3.1.2a? Thats a just released new version there could be changes That would be my guess but we would need to get our hands on a copy to see
PM me phpmyadmin file access
As far as anykind of style or template integration we dont claim anything other than user integration for Ikonboard. Thats means one user login on your site. If you do not want to integrate with Ikonboard then your best thing is to reinstall
I just installed 312a and there are no usergroup issues. usergroup 3 is members and is correct. usergroup 4 is admins.
There is no default moderator group. There are 4 basic usergroups so I see no issue
The only thing you need to do to make the database compatible with ikon for Photopost is in our tables wherever we have a userid field which is an int field it needs to be changed to a varchar field example below
ALTER TABLE photos CHANGE userid userid varchar(32)
I decided to save the headache and reinstall. Not so bad. I will attempt an intetegration later on if needed.
Seems like my very old Ikonboard user groups did not match up with Photopost's.
Thanks a bunch
You would do a reimport of usergroups if your integrating with ikonboard and that would grab all your forum usergroups
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0