just to understand the PP wording some questions:
- an album contains personal images and/or personal sub-albums and belongs always to a specific user and the user can select a thumbnail / cover image. Right?
- a category can contain images (exception see point 6) of any user and/or sub-categories and does NOT belong to a specific user (exception see point 5) and only the admin can select a thumbnail / cover image. Also right?
- a gallery is a set of (at leased one) hierarchical categories (=> regular gallery) or …
- a gallery is a set of all (at leased one) parallel / hierarchical albums of a specific user (=> member gallery). Still right?
- from the technical point of view, a member gallery is a regular category, so only an admin can select a thumbnail / cover image / avatar
- a member gallery only can contain albums, but no images outside an album (… means: at member gallery level).
- there is no sub-gallery in a PP installation, only sub-albums and sub-categories.
If everything above is right: How (with which button / form / menu) can an admin select a thumbnail for a member gallery (which only can contains albums but no images directly, so nothing can be selected manually)?