How to rename photopost dir??
Hi, I want to change the directory name from /photopost to /galerias just to be more predictable when browsing throught the address bar. Do I need to run install again? My gallery does not have any important elements at the moment. Thanks...
This tutorial should assist you
Thanks Chuck. I followed those steps but I'm stuck trying to change ''global options''. I' able to enter there but got a ''page not found'' message as soon as I click ''save changes'' button :( ...
well the steps are like this in that thread.
1. you update your global options and save and you will get a not found error
2. you edit the config file and update the server paths to the new path.
3. you rename your directory then you should be fine.
If you do anyhing out of order then you may need to edit the settings table directly in mysql
I did follow the steps in the wrong order but was able to fix it editing the sql tables. Thanks for the tip!!
No problem enjoy your weekend and let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.
I'm considering doing the same thing (but changing "/photopost" to just "/photos"). I just want to confirm a few things since I don't want to break anything. :)
(per the steps you outlined above...)
1. So I go to the "Global Options" page and change the path everywhere on that page (looks like it's in 5 places: URL to PhotoPost data directory, Full SERVER PATH to PhotoPost data directory, URL to PhotoPost PHP directory, URL to PhotoPost images directory, URL to UPLOADS directory?), right? At this point, are you saying that I will receive a 'not found' error when I save the changes, but it's okay...? To go ahead and proceed to step 2?
2. Next I should open config-inc.php and modify $PP_PATH to point to "/photos". Save and FTP to my server, correct? Do I also need to modify config-int.php ($pppath, $url_path and $data_dir fields)?
3. Next, I should rename "/photopost" to "/photos".... If I rename (as opposed to move), do I need to worry about permissions?
In addition, I have one more question. Since several people have linked (in the forums) to these photos, can I update their forum posts quickly in the database or do I have to edit each of their posts individually (through moderation)? (I'd ideally like to run a sql query for anything with "/photopost/"... I can manually update each record from there; I just don't know the vb schema yet). Or is this a question I should ask on the vb website?
1. do what you wrote yes
2. also if your using vb sure update the second config file
3. rename your directory and yes you should be up running
4. go to admin storage options and hit revert and save twice to load the global path into the storage path you changed earlier.
You would have to issue like a mass sql query like so but be careful
UPDATE vb3_post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, '/photopost/','/photos/');
Thanks, Chuck. I followed all your instructions to rename the folder and everything seems to be reconnected fine (though I didn't try the sql mass update... I just did a select query and changed each record by hand. I didn't want to risk it).
okay enjoy your weekend.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0