Hello All, I run a site called "Turkey Central," at www.turkeycentral.com
. The forum is at www.turkeycentral.com/forum
, and the photo gallery is at www.turkeycentral.com/photos
I've tried everything to fix these problems and searched the forum for an answer, I can't find one. The gallery is supposed to be working with invision power board, which is my main forum program. Here are the problems I'm having with Photopost Pro:
1. I use an admin name and also a moderator name, I only do administrative things with my admin name (I've been hacked a few times before so perhaps never posting with my admin name provides some protection, I don't know). When I do any modding, I use the mod username.
When I try to log in directly to the gallery with my moderator name, everything works fine, but when I try to login with my admin name, I get a message saying:
"Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register." The page I receive is very poorly formatted as if it is not using any style sheets. I should be able to log in to the photo gallery with my admin name the same as I do with Invision Power Board, but it doesn't work.
Now, when I log in with the admin name in the Invision forum, then click on the link to the PhotoPost gallery, everything works okay. It's only when I try to log in directly with my admin name in PhotoPost that I get this message. So the only way I can enter the gallery with my actual admin name is to first log into the forum, then click on the photo gallery link. Then I get access to the admin portion of the board as well, and when I click on it, I get in. That's the first problem... Here's the second problem:
2. I've set my moderator name up in the moderator's group. I've set the moderator's group upload limit to "0", which means that it's unlimited. I've set up my moderator name up to be the moderator of the member galleries and the Turkey Central galleries. But when I go to upload, I see at the bottom of the upload page messages like this:
Disk space used on your account: 449kb (460,132 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: 2550.7kb (2,611,868 bytes)
So according to that, I've got lots of space. And it should be unlimited since I've designated my moderator username in the moderator's group, and set the limit to "0."
When I upload photos, even when I optimize them and minimize their file size, they won't upload using my moderator name. I get a message saying:
"example.jpg exceeds your space limitation" as well as a long list of other photos that exceed my space limitations. I've checked every link in the admin and gone through everything, I can't figure out why, first of all why my photos are exceeding the limit, and second why I still have any limit at all.
3. The home page on the photo gallery just isn't working. if you go to www.turkeycentral.com/photos
and see the first page, you see:
Recent photos: No problem here. everything looks great.
The next section says "Welcome to the Turkey Central Photo Gallery" which should be on top, right? Then there is only one gallery
called "member galleries" with a little dot in the middle (supposed to be a photo?), and a link under it that says "member galleries." The rest of the page, horizontally, is empty. In this case what I actually want is to have member galleries displayed horizontally across the page, not just one gallery with a bunch of empty space afterwards. Below that is the Turkey Central main gallery, a category, and all of the galleries there seem to be displaying just fine. The problem is that the members gallery only displays one on the left, and nothing else across the page.
4. The next problem has to do with one gallery in the Turkey Central main gallery, for Cesme, a coastal town in Turkey. Even though there are many photos in this gallery, for the main gallery thumbnail I only get an image that says "no thumbnail." Shouldn't the gallery automatically generate a thumbnail to show for the gallery if it's full of iimages?
5. This problem has to do with a div tag just under the "Turkey Central" logo. It seems to be completely unformatted and doesn't follow the CSS of the other parts of the page. It has links to "Turkey Central" "Forum" "Help" "Search" etc. When I view it in firefox it seems to be an unformatted div tag. I tried working with the CSS on this DIV but nothing seems to work.
Some of this might be an installation issue since I asked the guys at PhotoPost to install the PhotoPost program, and didn't notice it until I viewed it in Firefox. This is a great program, and everybody makes mistakes, and I appreciate your patience as I try to figure these things out...
Anyway any assistance you can give me is appreciated...