This came about from several issues and I don't know where to begin to fix it.
Here is what happened over the last week.
Thursday, upgraded to the latest Apache and PHP5. Broke Plesk. Spent the next three days fixing Plesk's interface. In the mean time, on Saturday, I upgraded from 5.5 to 5.62 Photopost. Things worked just fine. Sunday fixed Plesk. Sunday night, ran databases backups again. Then upgraded Plesk to 8.2.1 from 7.5.4. Unannounced to me, there is a new GUI option that is defaulted to YES which puts all the domains into a local safe mode. Not know this, I had issues with vbulletin and photopost with images and attachments. I troubleshot for ours. I ran another backup and then used the scan database option in photopost admin. This caused half the image records to disappear! I was seriously confused! Even the category and album thumbnails and album pictures were not working. I then realized by looking at phpinfo(). I then did some googling and found the problem. This fixed vbulletin, but not photopost... well not most of it. Most of my image records were removed!
So next I was going to step back my database. However there had been a syntax error when I backed them up and it turns out my last two days of backups were crap. This was even more disturbing because I had one database for both vbulletin and photopost. So I went and made a current backup, restored to a 3 day old backup, used a phpmyadmin copy of the database can called it xxxx2. Then I told photopost to read this database instead. I then restored to the 15 minute old backup to renew vbulletin back to normal. I then cleaned up the databases so they weren't duplicating data.
Everything else works, but this part....
I don't know if this is a simple as doing a Scan, but I don't know which one is the best to use.