Originally Posted by Chuck S
If your using Photopost 5.5 there is literally no way that this issue could exist that I am seeing
This is the code in bulkupload.php
With this code basically what it does is check to ensure the uploaded file is not the same name as a file already present and renames it. So literally if I am understanding what your saying you did I dont see how that could ever happen in 5.5
You can do a simple test to confirm what I am saying.
Upload the same file twice to different categories and you will see that when the second one uploads its name will be slightly different. You can then move it as you did before and see that the action works perfectly. Now in way older Photoposts it only use to check filenames in the same category and thats why I said if you had a way old Photopost that I could see something like this happening and we did fix that a ways back to check all filenames
Chuck, did you try your own suggestion before posting? Since I don't see any activity under the test account, I'm assuming that you have not. I did what you suggested, and I'm sorry, but it does exactly as I have stated it does.
I will make it as clear as possible for you to reproduce. Please follow these directions exactly.
1. Create a photo and name it test1.jpg.
2. Create a second photo, different in appearance and name it test2.jpg.
3. Go to our gallery and using the account information that I have already provided, login.
4. Upload the first test1.jpg to "Blueprints by Brenda" gallery. Input information into the second screen, press submit.
5. Upload the second test1.jpg to "Color My Pixel" gallery. Input information into the second screen, press submit.
You will now have one the first test1.jpg image in one gallery, and the second test1.jpg image in another gallery.
6. Go into the Blueprints gallery, find your test1.jpg and click the MOVE/DELETE link.
7. Move the image to MEMBERS GALLERY and press submit.
8. Go into the Color My Pixel gallery, find your test1.jpg and click the MOVE/DELETE link.
9. Move the image to MEMBERS GALLERY and press submit.
Now, go view your members gallery. The second test1.jpg has overwritten the first test1.jpg. If you delete the second test1.jpg, your first test1.jpg will come up with "NO THUMBNAIL".
If you would like to verify that we are using 5.5, by all means, allow me to pm you information to an admin account. Heck, I'll even give you access to our server so you can take a look at our Photopost files.
Because I wanted to make sure this was not just "us", I went to 2 other sites that I know have Photopost up to date and did the steps above. The exact same results happened.
I tried to test it out in the gallery that is installed here on PhotoPost, but kept getting this error:
Problem running JPEGTRAN: |
"/usr/bin/jpegtran" -copy none /var/www/photopost/photopost/data509/test1.jpg
Error Code: 1