I have a detected a small problem within the search feature of my classified installation.
When I try to restrict a keyword search to one specific category from the list on the search.php page, the results on the showcat.php page shows the first page of results without error… but if I click to view page “2,” I see results from all categories.
I wanted to search for all buckles in one category (category 22) and the search returned “2” pages of search results. The first page was correct, but when I clicked on page 2 I got results from all categories, 7 pages of results.
The first search query string reads;
The link to the second page reads;
So I am losing the “mcats=22” from the second query string which is being replaced with “cat=all.” Is this a bug in classified, or have I messed it up some how?
I went onto photopostdev.com to try and give an example of what the search feature should be working like, and searched 2000 in the “screen shots” category only…. but received every entry containing 2000 within the database.
The page variable is coded to use $cat.
Problem is $mcats is usually an array and you cant use that in the page url so it is not something easy to overcome. Therefore cat is all since the cat variable is empty and mcats can not be used.
We shall have to give some thought on a solution not an easy thing though
I am having the same problem with this bug. It's especially bad because my whole site is built around search engine, which I just noticed doesn't function properly due to the bug.
Has it been fixed? any workaround?
Please explain how your restricing a keyword search to one category and give explicit links. This thread is going on 3 years old and the search script has changed alot.
The site I am talking about is www.3stepadvertising.com.
For example if you just select category "outdoor advertising locations" from the main page (or from search page) without typing the keyword, you will get 2 pages of results.
While the first page displays as it should, when you click on page 2, suddenly you get search results from every possible category.
I've just noticed that and that's a really big big problem for me now.
I would suggest you upgrade your software to the latest version and I see you have hacked your scripts and modified them quite a bit here. We do not offer product support for hacked scripts you need to load clean photopost files to your site if you would like assistance with any issue.
Thanx for the advice.
I have replaced and modified pp-inc.php file with the newer version.
Search functions impeccably now :)
I would suggest you replace all files with the new ones ;)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0