Thumbnail resizing [fixed]
What could affect this feature?
My test server was able to crop and redo the tumbnails, but on my live site it is not working at all.
Tried ImageMagick 6.4.8 and GD 2.0.34, i tried uploading a test image and the thumbnail was created with the new size, but I can't make it resize the old thumbnails.
There was no error, it showed as the new thumbs "were" made, but in the end the size never changed.
I cleared my cache and checked folder permissions :D
this is where i uploaded the new image and tried to redo the thumbs.
Pantalla Normal - Galería @ Osito Barrigón
Any thoughts on what could be wrong or misconfigured?
there are 2 possibilities i can think of
did you migrate to new server? are the permissions set correctly?
You checked the folder permissions, but did you check with your ftp client that existing imagefiles have also permissions set to 0777
this is done automatically when a new image is created but if you copied files with ftp when migrating to new server, it could be that the images have different permissions.
If both do not work... I would have to take a closer look.
PS: to make testing quicker, in ACP=>vbgallery=>maintenance .. rebuild image sizes do NOT select ALL categories but only a small one to see if it works...
Indeed, I changed folder permissions using FTP and not via shell, images inside did have different permissions. Moving servers is so messy at times.
Now, I will finish translating vbG, thanks Luc! :D
Well if you use a client that can change permissions recursively then you can do a 0777 to all folders and files inside the files directory and you should be running..
But beware NOT to change the owner.. (i once did that and took me ages to change owner of all images from root to nobody)
Yeah, I have also dealt with that in the past. Bad idea.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0