Problem after server move...
I just moved my forum and gallery to a new server, and everything was working fine until you try to upload a picture...
It takes the picture and gives the user the "your image has to be aproved mssg" but I never get to see images to aprove??
I tought no one had uploaded images... But the thing is that I dont get to see images pending approval. Any ideas?? :confused:
Just tryed to upload a picture (I dont need moderation) and get the following mssg:
$idname unspecified. If you followed a valid link please notify the webmaster
CHMOD 777 your folders and subfolders that contain your images. When you upload to an webhost the access rights are usaly changes to default 644
If you do not have a FTP program that will do recursive directories try SmartFTP.
Thanks.. that did the trick...
i have to chmod every single dir under /files? all those sub folders? i have waayyy to many. tell me there is a easier way to do this
Download a program called SmartFTP. It has an option for CHMOD and recursive directories.
CHMOD -R 777 /path/to/your/gallery/files
Syntax of the chmod command is the following:
prompt> chmod [options] permissions file[s]
The word "chmod" should be entered all in lowercase letters. Options can be:
* -R, set permissions recursively
* -f, "forced" or silent mode
* -v, "verbose", show information for every file processed
* -c, show information only if changes are made to the file
Permissions could be one of the following:
* Octal numeric format, with a leading zero like "0644"
* Octal numeric format, without a leading zero like "644"
* Text form like "a+r", "u=rwx" or "o-w", you can use several comma separated text form permissions
File[s] can be either
* relative path to the file like "file.pl"
* absolute path to the file like "/var/spool/mail/paul"
* several space separated files like "file.pl /var/spool/mail/paul"
* file name mask like "*.html" or "*"
i used SmartFTP and chmod 777 the whole /gallery/files/ directory and below
still does what the original poster describes
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0