"Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error when disabled
When I have my forums and gallery both disabled, and I click on any of the links at the top such as register, faq, calender, and etc, while at the gallery path I get a white "Page cannot be displayed".
Everything works fine when Im accessing those links from the path of the message board. Todays posts and search are the only two that dont do this.
Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
P.S. I did some further testing and this only seems to happen when the message board is disabled and not the gallery. If the message board is enabled and the gallery is disabled it wont do it and everything works fine, but if you disable the message board and disable the gallery it will give the errors. It will also give the errors is both board and gallery are disabled.
Do you have a custom skin installed that moves the navagation to the header template ?
Im not sure I understand what you mean.
This "Page Cannot Be Displayed" issue wouldnt have anything to do with the settings in the VB Gallery Global PhotoPost vBGallery Settings would it?
Being that the url when the error occurs is domainname.com/gallery/calendar.php or what ever Im trying to access such as the members list, faq's, register and so on.
Please take a look at the attached snap shot if you would.
From what you can tell is this setup correctly?
My message board is at the top level. domainname.com
And my gallery is at domainname.com/gallery
I did a little more testing on this with a test board, a fresh install of Vbulletin with no mods or anything and a bare bone, no mod install of VB Gallery.
Disabled Vbulletin but left VB Gallery enabled and the "Page Cannot be displayed" still occurs. I then tried it with both disabled and the same thing.
As far as I can tell this test rules out any mods being the cause of the problem.
But what could be causing this?
I'll install the gallery in a sub-Dir to the forums and test it out.
My Dirs look like this:
I have never tryed:
I'll try it this weekend.
:D - had a brain fart w/o the thing infront on me.
AdminCP => vBa Gallery => Modify Settings => Header Replacements
That should prefix your Forum's URL infront of them.
I tried it and it really made no difference.
The FAQ, Members List, and Calendar are still erroring out. But Todays Posts and Search are working correctly. But I think those two worked correctly before adding the information to the header replacements, I dont remember.
I have just noticed that there is an error message in the lower left hand corner that says "Error on Page" or "Done, But With Errors On Page", the messages change depending on what page you visit or what you do like hitting the back button or refresh button.
It wouldn't possible be one of those optional files that get edited for admincp and modcp feature would it with the error messages showing up like that and the "page cannot be displayed"?
I dont know if you have access to the VB Advanced forums or not, but I forgot to mention that I am having this exact same error issue with the VB Advanced Links Directory program as I am with the VB gallery program, and have made a post about this on the VB Advanced site as well.
Im trying to see if they might know what is causing this since the two programs were written by them and both programs are doing the same thing.
So far Brian tells me the only thing to do is to put the entire url in the nav bar or something like that??, but I dont know where to go or what to edit and I have asked Brian for further details and am currently waiting his reply back.
I dont know if its a simple configuration error or what but theres gotta be a fix for this.
It just makes no sense to me that this would not be coded to work "out of the box" and have to modifiy things to get it to work.
Anyway feel free to check the post out if you have access.
Shoot me a PM if ya would.
- forums admin
I'll poke around :D
Im just doing a follow up on this...
I remember fixing this issue but dont remember what I did back then but I just tested my site to see if i could duplicate the problem again and it no longer does it, I beleive what was changed to fix this was filling in the domain name within the custom setting box under cookie domain within Vbulletin's admin control panel. I added .domainname.com into the custom setting box.
Im pretty sure this is what I did to fix this.
Anyway I just wanted to do a followup on this in case someone is experiencing this problem.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0