[suggestion] Reorganize forum
As Photopost is expanding, maybe it's time to reorganize the forum alittle bit?
For right now, you have General Discussion and How Do I forum for all of the product, it would be better to split them out, each product has it own section of questions, I think
My suggestion is:
- The "How Do I" Question is splited into each individual product (posts can be moved accordingly)
- Add Troubleshooting and Problems to each product. Right now, when people get problem (not actually bug), they have to ask in General Discussion, which might not fit, and it'd be easier to ask and answer, if you have question about each product seperately.
- Add Template-Styles, so that member can share different templates/stylesheets that they created. it'd help people having different templates, that'd meet people's demands. Hacks on templates can be added here or in the modifications section.
- Internationalize photopost, Language section for member to translate, share more languages.
All other products will have about the same structure, for consistancy. More or less depends on individual product.
How is that sound?
o Add-on, Hacks & Modifications
Beta, requests stuff also ?
Do we also need a sub-forum for VB 3.x / 3.5x ?
How detail would one go ?
I love this option myself that is enabled:
Forum Listings Display Options => Depth of Sub-Forums = 1
I do not like to click alot to find stuff :)
It could get quite scary the number of levels
would like to see a healthy hacking scene on here. Organized and categorized to all the different kind of hacks would help too! Photopostdev.com wasn't very great place at all. I posted til no end to get a block for phpnuke and no one would respond. I eventually made one by myself from bits and pieces I found on the net. :(
Well the issue always with any community like that is you need people that actually can make mods.
Photopostdev.com always suffered from a huge amount of requests but not enough coders to assist.
I dont like the way current "unsupport" threads are. Many of them are discussion, with some solution, rather than hack release. It's very hard to follow, or search for hack/addons, or apply one (as many of them not documented clearly)
vBgallery can have different sections for vB, but Photopost and other product aint support only vB, and we cant have sub-forums for all kind of forum that PP can integrate
This isnt an easy thing to do though. I really hope we will have a strong community here, that can help eachother to develop photopost and its hacks
Good ideas mtha :)
I fire out random mods now and then.
- but now part of the PhotoPost Team :o
Time to fire up the code - more hacks toward VBGallery. :)
PhotoPost Review / Classifieds / Pro - some day as I play with them.
(I did years ago, so back to school time)
Yep that is alot of the problem when you have hacks or mods. Too many requests not enough hackers.
Most VB communities are lucky as there is an active community for VB it is not always the same for other products.
I really don't like the new layout... everything is so tiny and you cannot see the latest topics within more clicks...
Well I kinda like it ;)
It can be a shock but once you see all the little forums have lighted windows for new posts you know where to go to etc. Took me a few days to navigate and I helped set it up.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0