Catagory Display, Menu Name Change and New Template Questions
I have three different questions they are as follows:
1. I have two categories set up that do not contain ads, they are named "business" and "classifieds". "Classifieds" has two subcatagories "cellphones" and "electronics". My problems is that they all look the same, how do I change it? You can see what I am talking about from the attached picture.
2. I am wanting to change the menu wording of "Upload Ads" to "Place an Ad". Where can I do that. I tried searching for it as a phrase and could not find it. This can also be seen in the attached photo.
3. Finally, I was making a new template based off of the "for sale" template. I named the new template vehicles. I made a category that used this template and then I tried to post and ad to it. After selecting the category to post and ad to, nothing would show up. It would not bring up the page to be able to post an ad. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!!!
1. If you want classifieds to have subcats and look like a category header seperator then you need to edit that category and in the setting under editing that cat that says CONTAINS ADS? you set that to NO. Your classifieds category will then look like a category header.
2. Try not searching so strictly. Search maybe for Upload.
3. I can not say anything without seeing how you have it setup. You can make a new template type sure but after you do that you need to actually make a category and assign it to use that template type. Otherwise your going to just have an empty cat list.
Chuck thanks for the reply
1. I do have contain ads set to no for the categories I want to look like a category header and it still looks like that.
2. I will try searching for uploads only.
3. I do have a category assigned to used the vehicle template. When I place an ad it goes through these steps. 1. Select which type of ad I want to post. 2. Select which category I want to use (this is populated with the category I have set to use the selected template). After selecting it. It should take me to step 3 (posting the ad), but instead it just takes a screen that has nothing but my header.
1. That is impossible from what I see
Main Index - Reeftalk Classifieds
That shows you what I am saying. You have to provide a real url if you want me to say anything else
2. Did you set on upload your templates folder to be 777 permissions? I would have to see more info here because sounds to me like your missing your templates which are created when things are created
I submitted by URL and login details through the contact us form. Thanks
Also, I just tripled check and I do have the contain ads set to no. Also, templates folder is set to 777 permissions.
Okay will check out how you have things set
Okay your category bar was easy you where electing to show details for categories without images in index options.
As far as your new ad type issue you would need to send ftp info. Your template files exist so they are being created so I would need to do some debugging and see what is happening on your end.
I can create a new ad type and it works fine on my server.
Thank You very much for help. I really appreciate you problem solving this for me so close to Christmas! I will get you the FTP information soon.
FTP information sent through contact us
Okay I will check things out and let you know.
This issue should be closed via the helpdesk.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0