Hi, I want to remove ads that are XX days old and want to do this on a daily bases.
There is mentioning of cron.php and sendnotice.php, could be two different things, but got the impression they are related what I'm looking for.
Please let me know how to set this up?
They are essentially the same script. They expire ads and auctions
One is used when you setup a server cron task and the other is used by our program called in the footer. If you want to run the cron in the footer of your site every xx number of minutes then in admin options set the time and option to yes.
I could not find anywhere to set the expiration date of the ad or to delete certain ads by initial date utilizing the cron. I'm sure I'm overlooking something. :eek:
I feel I have not used the Classifieds to it's fullest potential in the past, and would like to now. So any guidance would be appreciated.
By start, the deletion of old ads automatically. :)
An ad expiration auction is all done automatically when you place an ad you set the duration of the ad. ;)
That was simple, didn't look there, but now I recall :rolleyes: I was looking in the ads by way of editing. :D
1. Is there a way, while in edit mode, to change the days of the ad?
2. If I can't do number one, does that mean I have to physically delete ads?
3. I would like to have the maximum number of days for an ad to display "30 days," how can I change that (or is that something for the wish list). :)
1. the day of the ad you mean when it was uploaded? NO
2. You dont delete ads. The cron task expires them and then when you visit your admin panel the code automatically deletes expired ads over 2 weeks.
3. edit your uploadproduct templates and remove the option boxes for the duration select box in the template html.
RE: # 1.
Meant after the ad has been placed and you go back to edit and want to change the number of days to display ad. I don't see an the opportunity to do that.
My concern here is, some ads are set to "noexpire" and the cron will not delete them.
BTW, thanks for the template change info, done it :) :) :)
There is not an opportunity to change a duration no.
You would have to delete those ads yourself.
Thanks, much appreciate the help :)
yeah users could cheat you if we allowed them to change there duration.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0