Reinserting an Ad
I'm trying to set up some help pages for the classifieds and would like to know what happens to an ad at the end of it's run.
Is a notice sent out to the advertiser?
Does the ad simply not get displayed until it is reinserted or deleted or does it get automatically deleted at some point?
The ad will eventually be deleted. The user is sent an expiration and can renew.
What I'm trying to do is to set up a system that will, in a straightforward way, allow our vBulletin merchant subscribers to relist their "Merchant Directory" listing every 30 days ... which would require that they have a valid paid subscription in vBulletin to gain access to the PP-Classifieds category where the listing ad resides.
My ideal situation would be similar to vBulletin's soft delete function so that if the advertiser runs late he will still be able to relist rather than recreate. So whatever insight you can provide would be much appreciated.
Have you setup the cron task this is why I linked above.
The system will send out expiration notices to the merchants. They inturn would renew them or not and eventually if not the system deletes them.
1. When does the command get issued to delete an expired ad?
2. Where does that command originate from?
3. What control do I have on it?
In addition, what would be the procedure for an advertiser to reinsert his ad before it has expired? I assume he would mark it sold and then reinsert it, but I do not know for a fact that this is the correct or best way to do it.
This is what you shouuld know
1. The cron task is what expires ads and ends auctions.
2. The users get the appropriate emails of who won the auction or if an ad is expired to renew.
3. The user can renew his ad from the link sent in the email or if he views his ad under the ad options.
4. If expired ads are not renewed and over 2 weeks old the system will automatically delete them when you go to admin panel
So I can put in my instructions that ads WILL be renewable for two weeks after expiration? That is a definite number?
Ads are renewed at the duration they where posted. I said that the system will delete them if they are older than two weeks and no one has renewed it.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0