I am in a total state of confusion. Back on 11.02.09 I purchased PP Classifieds and downloaded the file which plainly says 3.2.1 on the zip file name. I had contacted you about it showing 3.2.1 in the admincp but on the front page index it said 3.1.x (I cant remember exact version number) and you told me to run the upgrade.php file to correct it which I did, but I received an error of
I look today 11.10.09 (8 days later) in the members area and I see 3.2.1 released 11.09.09 8:22am which looks to be a unsupported beta. What the hell do I have installed, 3.13 or 3.21? I am totally confused on what I downloaded 8 days ago and what was just released yesterday in what looks to be a beta. I mean everything seems to be working okay considering I don't have any previous versions to compare it to. Do I need to download and update my version to what was released yesterday and if so do I need to do a complete install or replace certain files? Is 3.21 suppose to be a beta that will work with vB 4 software? Like I say I am confused and vB is talking on their forums today that they are releasing vB 4 forums around 11.15.09 and the vB 4 suite about a week later. The suite is what I have prepaid for.
To my knowledge vbulletin is not releasing 4.0 in a couple days. We are in the beta program and it is only on beta 1 and the beta has only been active for like 2 weeks there.
They arent even on a release candidate yet.
We have no betas open here that is a mistake. I was uploading a fix for a customer and uploaded the current version into the beta version. You dont need to download anything.
Looks like an early beta release for pre-paid customers. Chuck, do you foresee an issue for those of us who have Gallery and Classifieds install if we decide to try the beta?
I am glad to hear it was just a mistake on the posting of 3.2.1 in the members area. I thought there for a minute I was going to half to do a reinstall.
Your talking about a customer beta weird. everything I have been told is there is no public beta but I can tell you that there will be no support for vb4 till we announce it. At this point we have only had access to vbulletin 4.0 beta for about a week. Its going to take time to support there software. I can definately say that we will support vbulletin 4.0 by the time it goes GOLD.
I beleive the whole purpose of the closed beta was to give developers time to port there softwares to support the new version.
But if this happens what do you recommend to do, uninstall pp gallery and classifieds before installing vB4? I know you will not support whatever may happen before you have time to make the necessary updates you need to do to photopost.
You dont need to uninstall anything. Just close your gallery and classifieds down until a supported version is available I would think.
But of course me personally I would never run a beta if it did not work with everything on my site.
Now to my knowledge vb4 is not going to be out till end of 2009 first quarter of 2010
Thanks Chuck for all the information, you have a good evening and I may just take your advice on the beta install. :)
Yeah I just got finished with the vb developers chat tonight. Looks like they are going to release a public beta in a week. Doubt we are going to be ready then.
Thanks Chuck for the update. I have Photopost and a few other apps that are working to get their programs ready for vB4. I think I will wait until everyone has their programs updated before I update my board to vB4.
yeah we are working on it indeed.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0