Frustrating isnt the word
I will bite my lip and test the support for this "paid" product.
We seem to have this thing working to a fashion, albeit the interface, instructions and logic are somewhat questionable.
I appreciate supplying an all singing all dancing all encompassing product for the variety of secondary products this is supposed to work with , must be daunting, however its not free, so may I ask for some help please.
1. thumbnails not showing, in fact an error when placing an ad
Error creating resized original! Error code: 127
2. Plus this error
Warning: unlink([path]/yobay/data/5/thumbs/P1000998.JPG) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/yobay/image-inc.php on line 386
3. plus not writing to the correct tables, because somehow the system spews out the forum with the folder with no / in between, so kinda working thru that issue.
4. having to turn the friendly spider urls, so that the system doesnt hang.
Ok so this is what we are running.
vb 3.8.0 ( not beta but gold )
vb seo 3.2.0
and photopost version unknown ( but downloaded today )
We are using gd2
Please include a url to your site install of the classifieds and test user login
1. Your error suggests you have not placed the correct path to Imagemagick in the config settings. Make sure if your using GD2 as you state in Admin => Global Options you select GD2.
2. Is this the whole error? I would suggest you set your uploads and data directories at every level beneath them to 777 permissions.
3. I would have to see what you mean because writing to database tables and some extra slash are totally different things so I am lost in what your trying to report there.
4. If your server does not support spider friendly urls in classifieds you can turn them off in global options in admin. That is why most features have an on off setting not all server setups allow that setting.
Okies got it working.
Painstaking, and rewarding tho.
I would recommend anyone attempting to install this with VB to opt for the installed version, by these guys.
The issues we found , were the prefix part, for forum integration. Its not entirely clear how to set the prefix. Its also not clear wether to include trailing slashes on some directories, and also underscores after prefix for member integration.
Overall, the instructions do not do the product justice. That is my only gripe.
Okies, now I need to mod a postbit link to users classified bit.
Will look thru this site and see if anyone has made one, or I will make my own and share on a sharealike basis.
Your prefix for your forum is always listed in your forum config file and it clearly shows like vb3_ etc. Because of the sheer number of configurations we support the outcome is directly proportional to the actual information you enter that we ask for. It would never be as simple as an installer for a forum where everything is predone for you. Integration requires certain parameters to be entered correctly. We do have FAQ in our FAQ FORUM which shows the common issues users encounter.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0