Steps to recreate with PPGAL 2.51 & VB3.8.5.
- Make a new usergroup called "lying gallery permissions"
- admincp > vbgallery > usergroup permissions
- look at these permissions, they are all NO, do NOT click OK! while viewing these lying permissions
- make a test user, e.g. "gallery peeper", adding it to the new usergroup "lying gallery permissions"
- make a new gallery "permission test" & upload an image "puking admin" to it
- in gallery permissions, deny all permission for other groups, but leave new usergroup "lying gallery permissions" at default
- view the image, "puking admin" with your test user
- now remove that usergroup from your test user
- try to view the image, "puking admin" with test user, it fails for lack of permissions
This is NOT good. In effect when you look at the usergroup permissions, it can say all NO, but something is yes. So, you can't trust 'default' for an all NO usergroup permissions. You can fix it by viewing these 'all NO' permissions and clicking OK, but you can't tell whether you've ever done that or not.