Chuck, I'm a newbie at this, so please be patient...
I am currently about to launch live a vbulletin forum for new website we've developed that discusses professional techniques for nude photography.
In certain areas of the forum, I want to have people be able to upload images to be commented on, etc.
My newness with this all leads me to believe that going the route of vbGallery seems best especially since:
- I don't want to have to "learn" another piece of software (I already only partially know vbBulletin),
- The PhotoPost Pro product page indicates that in order to retain your sites look and feel, you need to import your design into PhotoPost Pro. To me, it would seem much easier just to add-on vbGallery to my existing forum.
- At least for now, I'm happy with this "looking" like a forum, and not a photo sharing site, as there's a lot of text-based discussion that we expect to happen.
- However, I may indeed want the additional functionality of Pro in the future.
So, given all of this, I have a few questions:
1. From the software requirements/installation page, it is unclear to me (again as a newbie), if vbGallery has the same general system requirements and installation steps as the Pro version. Is this the case?
2. The Product Details page implies that the merged license allows you to switch back and forth between vbGallery and Pro (but only using one at a time per license): "If you plan to install PhotoPost on a site with an existing vBulletin forum, you can choose to download and install either of our two PhotoPost versions and switch between the two at any time, so there is no need to decide now which version is right for you."
However, the announcement regarding the merged license seems to indicate that you need to choose between one or the other: http://blog.photopost.com/2007/09/25...censes-merged/
If I purchase the license, will I be able to download BOTH (understanding that I can only install one)?
3. Finally, and relating to #2 above, where in the purchase process will I see the choice between the two?
Thank you so much for your help!