Running 4.6 - considering upgrade to 5.3
1. What are the major differences between 4.6 and 5.3
2. I would like to evaluate 5.3 before paying for it. Is it at all possible?
3. Is 5.3 any more user friendly than the old version? It is understood that the setup of PHP/MySQL apps requires a certain level of admin knowledge but users are complaning that the interface is kludgy. What would it take for PP to use drag & drop functionality? (ie. through flash). I think it would be a greater success if it had an easy to use interface for uploading pics and managing uploads and settings.
Thanks in advance?
1. I would suggest reading all the announcements on the various releases in the announcements forum. There are way too many changes to list.
2. There is no evaluation period since you need access to the code to get it. You already own a license. You would either have access to download the new code or not. You may purchase a members area renewal if your expired. I would highly suggest upgrading just because of all the fixed security issues.
3. You can check out photopost at a number of sites running the software. There have been tons of new features and changes all the way back from 4.6 . The interface has changed slightly depending on the features added etc.
Thanks for nothing. I'll stick to the old version then.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0